📣 Career Coach – Recruiting & HR
Designlab is hiring people with recruitment, HR, or talent acquisition experience to become Career Coaches. Using your experience hiring UX Designers you will mentor and guide our graduates as they seek their first roles as UX/UI and Product Designers. Join our team on a flexible, part-time basis to help us employ the next generation of people around the world transitioning into design-related roles.
As a Career Coach, you’ll work 1:1 with designers to help them polish their resumes, navigate LinkedIn and ATS systems, practice their personal narratives and interview skills, and answer questions about companies, industries, salary negotiations, and more.
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
Career Coach experience and responsibilities include:
- Meeting with your student 1:1 via video conference once a week
- Providing verbal and written guidance on writing resumes, cover letters, social media profiles, portfolio About me pages, business correspondence, networking, interviewing, and salary negotiation
- Responding to your student’s inquiries within 48 business hours
- Motivating and encouraging students through the challenges of the job search process
- Helping students understand what jobs they may be the best fit for and the nuances of various industries and roles
- 3+ years of experience recruiting or hiring UX or Product Designers
- Proficient communication skills – both verbal and written
Why become a Career Coach with Designlab?
- A fully remote, flexible work environment, with a minimum commitment of only a few hours per week
- You choose how many students to work with and set your own schedule
- Collaborate with our private Slack and Discord communities of over 500 Career Coaches and design professionals
- You have a dedicated staff of Designlab Learning Experience Designers, Mentor Support, Career Services, and Customer Experience members to help answer any questions you may have along the way
How to apply
Apply by clicking the button below.
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within two weeks of receiving it.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.
To apply for this job please visit designlab.com.