Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives where ever they are, and with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
At Carbon, we are:
Passionate: We love what we do and have an ownership mentality.
Resourceful: We make do with what we have. Not wasteful
Intelligent: We are forever learning to better ourselves, constantly experiencing & testing to understand the problem space better
Maverick: We try the unconventional, question widely held assumptions.
Executor: We get shit done. No excuses
Data-Driven: Rigorous in using data for decision, experiments to test assumptions and hypothesis
Accountant at Carbon
An accountant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the finance department, and is responsible for portfolio analysis, financial record keeping, and reporting. He/she is expected to provide complete financial services to the company, address all issues of a financial nature and provide relevant information as requested. This role reports to the Head of Finance.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Good analytical and financial abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle accounting/book-keeping and reconciliation functions.
- Proficient in the use of major Accounting and analysis software and spreadsheets.
- Superb spoken and written communication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a collaborative style of working.
Key Accountability Areas & Time Allocation:
- Financial Administration, Accounting & Reporting – 75%
- Financial Analysis – 15%
- Funds Management & Budgeting – 10%
Ensure all financial processes are carried out according to best practices and company policy.
- Business or finance-related degree from a top-tier university or college.
- Professional certification – ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA.
- Minimum of 3 years of financial experience.
- Extensive Financial Modelling skills
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment) / Technical interview
- Interview with the MD
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
To apply for this job please click on -> carbon.bamboohr.com.