Android Developer – POS
Engineering – PEI · Lekki, Lagos
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Android Developer Role
We are looking for a driven, passionate, and committed individual to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond. As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for developing applications for devices powered by the Android operating system and the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be
- Design and development of professional business applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features in a dynamic work environment
- Work with external data sources/ APIs, unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on fixing bugs and improving application responsiveness, quality, and performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java/Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Required competency and skillset to be a Waver
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Solid understanding of ISO8583 and EMV
- Proven software development experience with at least one application on app store
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin
To apply for this job please click on -> flutterwavego.bamboohr.com.