Avon HMO is looking for an experienced and passionate Application System Specialist who will drive the provision of product solutions for specific business needs. The role requires the job holder to manage the entire process of building applications, from the design process, to creating, testing, and rolling out the application.
The right person has an excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms, as well as an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
He/she provides leadership and expertise in systems architecture, analyzing business requirements, developing application integration and/or initiatives, and presents logical solutions by planning, assigning, and directing software design, development, and implementation.
He/she ensures integrity and validity of data in various integrated systems supporting the mission of the company.
He/she oversees software purchase, development, integration, and testing activities. Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications system and programs.
He/she will ensure that applications are designed and deployed to adhere to relevant IT Governance Policies and ensure availability and stability of the various platforms.
- Establish foundational application development practices and procedures including technical standards, software-coding standards, tools, and platforms standards.
- Establish, continually improve, and undertake any processes for development, testing, release management, code management, creating and maintaining technical specifications, and other key processes related to software development and integration.
- Create system documentation/playbook, participate as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews.
- Proactively identify business and technology needs, improvements, possible risks, and failure points.
- Analyze current and future state processes to define system/technology/business requirements and upgrades.
- Work with the business and development teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Provide relevant technical expertise and non-technical support throughout project lifecycle.
- Develop and manage relationships with the Business (internal customers) and assist to define their overall business requirements.
- Manage version, operation, maintenance, and upgrade of applications.
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining data integrity and validity for various applications. Reviews and analyzes existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for program changes required to meet needs of the business owners required by the addition of new programs and changes in legislation.
- Coordinate with IT Governance to ensure that application development and support work follows best practices, internal standards, policies, and developed pragmatically.
- BSc. / BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Information Systems (MBA is an advantage)
- Proven 2-3 years (or more) experience as an Application Systems Developer/Analyst, Business Analyst, Information System Analyst, or similar role.
- Proven knowledge of Agile methodology with minimum of CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) certification will give an advantage.
- Creativity and passion for problem solving.
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills; proven experience in market analysis
- Advanced communication skills (Presentation & Writing skills)
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Keen eye for detail
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to apply
To apply for this job, click here --> avonhealthcare.com.