Job Title: Assessment Development Specialist
I’m Romina, Assessment Development Manager at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better, faster and more objective hiring decisions.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 10,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an objective and data-driven way.
As we look to scale our efforts into 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for an Assessment Development Specialist who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land their dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- €46,700 – €59,700 (based on experience and performance) + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary per year
The job in a nutshell
We are looking for open-minded, tech-savvy professionals to assist in the ongoing development of our assessment products.
As an Assessment Development Specialist, you will work directly with TestGorilla’s core offering: our assessments and test instruments.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and interdisciplinary experts around the globe to enhance, innovate, scale and accelerate our assessment and test development. You will work closely with subject-matter experts (SMEs) to create and review tests, as well as directly create new content and intellectual property within the Test Development team and TestGorilla more broadly.
You will bring innovation, creativity and strong project management and content development expertise. As a “content owner,” you will help set up subject-matter experts with the right guidelines, templates, and resources to contribute successfully and develop new tests and assessments of the highest standard. You will give SMEs editing feedback throughout the process to improve the quality of their work, and organize third-party technical reviews to ensure the accuracy, validity and overall quality of the content. You will also work with subject-matter experts on test updates and revisions to continually enhance our published library.
As part of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on a number of projects and cross-functional teams that directly contribute to improving our product and offerings, and developing core content and intellectual property. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the innovation and development of talent assessment products within TestGorilla’s portfolio and join the team shaping and creating the future of hiring.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Contributing to the development of new and enhanced test instruments and intellectual property including content focusing on abilities and aptitudes, preferences, universal skills, and role-specific skills, which may include activities such as:
- working with subject-matter experts (SMEs) from various fields
- creating test item content, models or frameworks
- providing design input
- generating interpretive report content and related narratives
- conducting research and analysis
- producing robust documentation
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary and international colleagues including Test Development, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other teams to solve problems, provide internal and external enablement, contribute insights, and ensure our platform offers a fair, compliant and accurate experience.
- Helping recruit and onboard highly qualified SMEs, establishing strong relationships, guiding their work and providing editing feedback for expression, objectivity, and clarity, following best practices in test development.
- Collaborating with Product Owners and SMEs to address feedback from our users and insights from our proprietary algorithms to improve tests.
- Contributing new test ideas for our test library and other novel content to support hiring activities (such as custom screening questions, interview questions, and practical job simulations).
- Contributing to improving and standardizing our test development tools and processes.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs.
- You are fully aligned with our values.
- You have an MS or equivalent experience in industrial organizational psychology, education, human resources, talent acquisition/management/development, or a related field.
- You have excellent English writing and editing skills, and experience in professional writing, editing, and/or content development.
- You have strong project management and organizational skills to keep work on track and to a high standard.
- You have a strong interest in digital solutions, HR tech and recruitment trends, psychometric assessments, testing, and hiring, and want to learn more about these topics.
- You enjoy writing, developing content, researching and learning new things at a deep level.
- You are comfortable working with data and basic statistics.
- You work well with others and manage your collaborators independently.
- You are comfortable with and excited by the fast-paced, agile, iterative environment of a fast-growing startup and prefer a degree of ambiguity rather than strict and defined processes.
- You are a creative problem-solver, can anticipate needs and proactively work to accomplish future goals, and have a flexible, positive, can-do attitude.
- You are motivated by new challenges, breaking new ground, dealing with complexity, and you are willing to fail or try non-traditional approaches.
- You have experience successfully delivering in a remote, asynchronous, multicultural work setting and you are comfortable working with a team spread across the globe and in different timezones.
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and a fast-growing startup.
- You have worked as an editor (formally or informally), and understand how to guide others to clarify their ideas and improve their writing.
- You have operated within a product design/development, consulting or professional services environment.
- You have experience summarizing complex information and/or data into compelling stories and communicating to high-level, non-technical audiences.
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food: we use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to apply by taking this assessment. This will take about an hour and will focus on your soft and hard skills required to succeed in this role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career!
To apply for this job please visit testgorilla-1680540968.teamtailor.com.