Associate Marketing Manager
Dimagi is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager, Communications and Brand Activation to build affinity and engagement with the Dimagi brand through external communications and brand activations. You will be part of a small and growing global marketing team, working with Dimagiers around the world to tell the stories of the impact Dimagi’s offerings and teams are having globally. This is a new role and as the in-house expert on all things communications and brand activations, you will have the opportunity to shape this role and make it your own. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to make an immediate impact, driving the trajectory of our communications and brand activation strategy globally.
Our office is based in Cape Town, South Africa, but this position is open to remote employment within the larger African continent.
As the Associate Marketing Manager, Communications and Brand Activation, you are a dynamic, results-driven individual who thrives on building compelling narratives that are brought to life via multi-platform experiences spanning the communications and brand activation ecosystem. Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing the overall communications and brand activations roadmap and strategy for Dimagi to support the company’s long-term impact goals.
As a small and growing team, we expect all members to be flexible and adaptable, being willing to dive into new areas of communications, marketing and brand activation as needs arise.
Communications & Public Relations: You will manage the entire ecosystem of communications and public relations, including social media platforms, content generation for strategic marketing pieces, developing our thought leadership platform, internal branding as well as leading Dimagi’s PR strategy. As responsibilities will grow and evolve, main responsibilities include:
- Social media engagement & Third-Party Listings: Develop a strong social media presence through content creation and community building and engagement on our social media profiles, which currently include LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. Manage and maintain Dimagi and CommCare descriptions on various third-party platforms across the web.
- Content Calendar & Content Generation for Case studies, Blogs, Newsletters, etc.: Build and manage Dimagi’s content calendar. Partner with appropriate contributors to create customer success stories for publication on Dimagi’s blog and beyond, featuring Dimagi’s work with INGOs, governments and funders around the world. Manage the Dimagi email newsletter with the potential to create editions for specific target audiences. Oversee the Dimagi blog, writing blog posts as well as working with authors across the company to bring their stories to life.
- Thought leadership: Work with the Global Marketing Director and Dimagi’s leadership team to outline Dimagi’s thought leadership platform and messaging pillars, and create opportunities to move them forward.
- Performance Tracking & Process Optimization: Manage and track KPIs and make optimizations to content in collaboration with the Marketing Operations and Analytics Manager. Explore new channels and mediums to build the Dimagi brand.
- Internal Brand Building & Management: Work with the People Operations team to elevate Dimagi’s talent brand across the organization, our social media properties, as well as relevant 3rd party talent sites.
- PR: Develop PR strategy, including press monitoring, journalist relationship building and crafting press releases to elevate Dimagi’s brand and build affinity with strategic audiences. Create relationships with members of the media to pitch stories. Craft press releases about Dimagi’s work and product offerings, working closely with members of the marketing team and divisional leadership.
Brand Activation: This role will oversee all elements of brand activation such as events management from ideation to execution through key learning share outs. Main responsibilities include:
- Help create the first ever CommCare conference: Working closely with other members of the marketing team and Dimagi’s divisional leadership, you will coordinate, project-manage, and bring to life a virtual event that will foster connections across the industry, stimulate learning and spark innovation. This will include sponsor outreach and securing, event design, speaker coordination, content development and more. This will be a virtual event in 2022 but could shift to hybrid or in-person as travel opens up based on COVID-19.
- Third-party events: Dimagi has a strong presence at a few global health and development conferences each year. You will coordinate our presence, ensuring Dimagi is well represented, including giving feedback on staff presentations and facilitating sales connections. Note that events will be mainly virtual in 2022 but could shift to in-person as travel opens up based on COVID-19.
- Share learnings: Develop a knowledge base and build a culture of knowledge sharing through periodic share outs, developing best practice documents, creating wrap-up reports for relevant events, and conducting post-mortems to drive efficiency, effectiveness and excellence in execution.
At the core of this position, we are looking for a smart, capable, and driven individual. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- At least three years of professional experience in a communications or marketing role
- Experience and/or interest in managing virtual events
- Excellent writing skills and natural storyteller – you know how to zero in on the most important details, always keep your audience top-of-mind and feel comfortable working on a variety of assignments from drafting thought leadership messaging to serving as the last set of eyes before content is published externally
- Highly organized and detail oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience creating organizational alignment
- Eligible to work in the country you are based in
- Ability to travel to events when/if they become in person again
- Growth mindset and a healthy sense of curiosity
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Professional experience in nonprofit, social impact, or Software-as-a-Service space
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French
- Experience using relevant software, including project management tools and marketing CRMs like Hubspot
To apply for this job please click on -> dimagi.com.