Website Standard Chartered Bank
- To support the team for Financial Markets Sales business in Nigeria and selected West African markets.
- To deliver Financial Market products in compliance with group and external policies, in order to meet the regions objectives.
- Work with the rest of the team to deliver on set objectives for Nigeria and selected West African region.
- To continuously engage clients and internal stakeholders.
- To ensure achievement of individual target for own portfolio of clients, as well as contributing towards units and region’s financial targets.
- To work closely with corporate banking team and other stake stakeholders in providing a partnership approach to designated clients.
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer’s business and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with SCB’s principal RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customers.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specially allocated group of customers.
- Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective.
- To maintain frequent and high quality dialogue with the support functions of Financial Markets
- To build relationships and work with other business units in order to cross sell SCB’s products and services
- To provide product training to internal/external clients
- Assist team members to develop required skills in sales, risk and technical knowledge through a process of coaching, appraisal, identification and action on training needs, with appropriate follow up to ensure that new learning is put to effective use
- Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
People & Talent
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, work in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group as it relates to the role.
- Ensure operational risk management and reporting is an integral part of the business process.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations and where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees or functional product heads as it relates to the role
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Establish and maintain good contact with the local regulators
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the [Nigeria & West Africa / Financial Markets / Corporate Sales teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Line Manager : Business development, personal growth and any other matters arise in the normal course of business and in exceptional situations.
- Head of Financial Markets : Business development, personal growth and any other matters arise in the normal course of business and in exceptional situations.
- Trading Desks: To obtain pricing for products dealt with customers
- FMOPS, CMO, TRADE and Other Operational units: To see through a transaction from the time of booking to settlement and beyond.
- Structuring, TCRM, Legal and other relevant teams: To obtain the necessary insights and to make certain that the booking of transactions take place within the procedures and guidelines set.
- Business Segments, Compliance, Operations, HR other relevant departments within the bank.
- Other relevant business heads, their reportees and delegates
- Key clients and potential clients and those related to such entities eg tax, legal advisors.
- Local and regional, and offshore regulators and industry bodies etc
- Academic or professional education/qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Licenses and certifications / accreditations: ACI Dealing Certificate
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Industry Knowledge
- Client Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Product Line
- Cross Selling
Abut Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.