Job Title: Associate Technical Editor
ARETUM, a leading government contracting company specializing in technology-enabled mission support services, is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Associate Technical Editor to join our team. As an Associate Technical Editor at ARETUM, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the production of high-quality technical documentation for our government clients.
ARETUM is known for providing cutting-edge solutions and outstanding service to Federal clients in various sectors, including Next Generation Analytics, Engineering Services, Training Services, IT Systems, Cyber Security, PMO Support, and Financial Consulting. Our mission is to deliver technology-driven solutions that meet the unique needs of our government clients, enabling them to achieve their objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Provide review and editing of technical documents in preparation for publication on DODs websites and Mobile Apps
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for a wide array of cybersecurity business use but including being able to take technical jargon and express it in business user terms.
- Provide editing for multiple document types for content and flow, clarity and accuracy, spelling/grammar.
- Able to tailor documents using Government style guides – able to use MS Word to build organizational structure to documents such as Table of Contents, Table of Figures, management of headers, etc.
- Work with subject matter experts, clients, and stakeholders to collect data for developing and maintaining products and documentation.
- Able to brainstorm on useful graphics, charts, figures to enhance a presentation – solid skill level in helping build out this information. i.e. comfort level building tables/charts in Excel, Word, or PPT
- Work with subject matter experts, clients, and stakeholders to collect and provide support in synthesizing data for end documentation.
- Assist stakeholders with developing and reviewing presentations and graphics that are consistent with approved style guides and standards.
- Act as a developer, guide, and resource to others in developing editing/writing resources (e.g. e-mail etiquette, quality assurance checklists/document templates)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Writing, or a related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in editing and writing (preferably in technical fields such as Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Engineering)
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for following checklists and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Excellent research, data gathering, analytical, critical thinking, and listening skills.
- Strong organization skills in juggling multiple requests – able to prioritize and communicate with the client to meet deadlines.
ARETUM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
ARETUM utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.