Scotts Cheap Flights
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a key contributor to the growth, innovation, and continued improvement of Scott’s Cheap Flights. You will be collaborating with a lean team to write code designed to scale.
In the short term, you will…
- Become familiar with our code base, code style, tech stack, development and deployment process, and our project management process
- Contribute to design and code reviews
- Work with a cross-functional team to support development of new features
- Refactor, QA, and improve existing code
In the long term, you will…
- Be an expert with all of our tooling: Bugsnag, Metabase, Heroku, New Relic, and more
- Bring creative solutions to projects to support the continual improvement of Scott’s Cheap Flights
- Take ownership of end to end feature and product development and help scale our back end
What you bring to the table:
- Experience working on new product development
- Hands on expertise with Ruby/Rails
- Experience writing automated unit tests, with bonus points for integrated and functional testing experience
- You care about performance, usability, and accessibility across all devices
- Empathy and passion to build production-ready features
- Clear and earnest written and verbal communication skills
- High standards for yourself and the code you write
- Flexibility and an open-mindedness and willingness to learn
- Occasional travel, with notice, is expected
- Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails is our primary server framework
- React is our primary front end development framework
- Postgres and Redis are our primary storage engines
- BigQuery for our data warehouse
- Heroku for deployments and infrastructure
- GitHub for source code management
- Circle CI for continuous integration
- Notion for documentation and collaboration
- Clubhouse for project management
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- $500/quarter to set up your office however you want
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Full Laptop Setup
- Two annual fully paid team retreats (In 2021, we went to Cabo San Lucas!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
Backend Engineer at Scott’s Cheap Flights