JOB TITLE: BASE COORDINATOR
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
REPORTS TO: GM OPERATIONS/CONSTRUCTION
The Base Coordinator will work closely with the GM Operations/Construction to support all Base activities. The coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the Base. The Base Coordinator will provide administrative support to the GM, Operations/Construction, and manage office functions including Work Order coordination, database management, daily office operations, coordination of Base budgeting systems, maintaining office records, and providing general support services to the GM, Operations/Construction. Additionally, the Base Coordinator, under the supervision of the line manager, will manage all outside contractors including maintaining records and contracts, coordinating project activities, and providing scheduling support..
- Assist the GM., Operations/Construction in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Maintain physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional base environment
- Receive, manage, and process work order requests; ensure problems are resolved quickly.
- Ensure clear, timely communication and liaison with operational staff, the Operations Managers (PH and Warri), and other stakeholders.
- Proactively identify issues and take ownership through to resolution.
- Ensure that health and safety practices and equipment and driver compliance requirements are understood and stringently observed.
- Ensure the team makes the best use of business systems and processes in place to provide the most efficient way of working, ensuring that systems are up-to-date and current.
- Support the monitoring of all technical equipment utilization; contributing to business cases for purchases as necessary.
- Draft and implement preventive maintenance schedule for the building and administrative equipment.
- Develop and seek approval to implement processes that make the logistics/maintenance teams more efficient and organized.
- Participate in emergency preparedness planning of the team.
- Assist with the application for required environmental/legal permits for the base.
- Support the Admin team to maintain and implement administrative policies and processes at the base.
- Set up, maintain, and organize the base’s information, filing, and messages.
- Maintain RFPs, bid information, and other contract documents for the base.
- Provide administrative support to the Base team.
- Supervise and ensure the training of logistics/maintenance personnel as needed.
- Ensure rotas, timesheets, and other paperwork are issued accurately and in a timely manner.
- Carrying out Personal Development Reviews (DRs) for direct reports where appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- B.Sc./HND in Mechanical Construction engineering or other
- Engineering discipline with at least 5 years’ experience in supporting the management of a fabrication yard.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, organizational, and administration skills; numerate and skilled in manipulating, understanding, and presenting data.
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in supervising or managing a small team and knowledge of related policy, practice, and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and experience of a scheduling system, together with well-developed IT skills and the ability to use standard Office software packages to a high level.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to influence a range of stakeholders; tactful and diplomatic.
- Clear business focus
- Team player who can provide valued contributions to business discussions
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm; willing to be hands on.
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities whilst under pressure.
- Assertiveness skills and the confidence to make unpopular decisions
- Ability to assimilate and interpret information.
- Make objective decisions under pressure.
To apply for this job please visit www.wtsenergy.com.