Business Development Lead
OkHi is a smart addressing system, enabling 4 billion people to “be included”.
We’re solving a problem affecting half of the world and costing businesses $200bn a year.
Backed by Google and Facebook, we’re a team with Silicon Valley expertise, strong values and pioneering culture.
We’ve raised $1.8M to bring in talent that can power us to Series A and ultimately, our Mission.
We need you!
OkHi has just launched in Nigeria with our partner Interswitch and we need someone to drive that relationship while identifying other strategic partners. Your role will be centered on taking our products to market, proving early customers and verticals, and defining our sales playbook. You will work closely with our CCO and will be responsible for driving growth in a market worth $2.8B.
- Entrepreneurial: you are resilient, motivated and you think outside-of-the-box
- Networker: you have a strong professional network and excellent relationship skills
- Goal-orientated: you have a proven track record in hitting ambitious targets
- A problem solver: who is energized by challenges and looks for solutions
- Persuasive: you know how to influence, persuade and sell
- Experienced: you have 3+ years in a B2B startup environment
- Commercial: you’re a dealmaker that always thinks win win
- Organized: you’re always on time and well prepared
- A go-getter: you’re always trying to get out, meet people and make things happen
- Resilient: you push hard all the time and never give up.
- Drive business development, identifying and validating new use cases, as well as challenging and iterating on our pricing model.
- Prove which customer verticals to prioritize, acquiring our first customers and building compelling case studies with success metrics.
- Prove how to sell OkHi most efficiently, both in terms of what type of customer and point of contact, and also how to pitch and close.
- Manage your own accounts, making our customers happy and constantly learning from them to optimize our product
- Leverage Interswitch and its resources to maximize lead generation and growth, and identify new ways to collaborate.
- Share your insight, always reporting back to the product team with new learnings and suggestions on how we can optimize the product.
- Purpose-driven and passionate about having a big impact on the world, enabling people to “be included”
- An international company attempting to create the best company to work for in Africa
- An open and inclusive working environment with a culture that encourages innovation, experimentation, willingness to fail and collaboration
- Guided by our five core values which support us in our daily decisions across all aspects of the business
- Be bold – make audacious decisions
- Be open – build trust by being vulnerable
- Go lean – increase the speed of learning
- Grow together – with open feedback and collaboration
- Enjoy your journey – life is a marathon, not a sprint
- Motivated by your growth, working with the team to provide resources and support that will accelerate your professional and personal growth
- Excited to meet diverse, multi-talented and engaged people to help us on our journey
- Backed by world-class investors including the co-founder of Airbnb Nate Blecharczyk, ex-CFO of Google Patrick Pichette and Google
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.