Business Development Manager – Construction and Demolition – Corporate
A quick look at the role
The Business Development Manager – Construction and Demolition is a part of a team of 5 that report directly into the Head of Corporate Sales. The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a proven individual to join one of the UK’s most dynamic industries and a company that continues to innovate, deliver meaningful change and make a real difference to house hold names.
This is a key strategic role for the development of a new Construction and Demolition sector within our Industrial and Commercial Division and the role holder will help shape and evolve Biffa’s Corporate C&D customer proposition, adding value way beyond lift rates.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Self-generate & deliver opportunities within the Construction and Demolition Sector to the incremental value of £1.4m per annum.
- Along side the Head of Corporate Sales and Construction & Utilities Sector Head, evolve a clear strategy for sector growth, including value added client proposition.
- Maintain an active personal pipeline of £10m+.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and innovations by actively researching products and establishing key contacts throughout the sector.
- Maintain a wide network of internal & external (client) sector contacts, keeping all stakeholders updated on the latest developments within both Biffa & the Construction and Demolition sector.
- Attend Regional Meetings to keep up to date with existing contracts; identify development opportunities; and develop good working relationships with peers in other divisions.
- Support the Head of Corporate Sales on projects and overall Construction and Demolition sales strategy.
- To support the Company in achievement of the Biffa Balanced Business Plan.
Here’s what we require.
- Proven track record in sales, securing £1m+ opportunities. For example – large regional contracts.
- Experience and understanding of the commercial procurement process.
- Previous experience of managing the full end to end ‘bid’ process.
- Clear understanding of financial models.
- A high level of aptitude with Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate at all levels through a variation of methods such as face to face, email and phone.
- Self-motivated, target driven and works at pace
- A charismatic communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable to commute to clients across the UK however predominantly the South.
- Flexibility to travel on occasion and work unsociable hours as and when required.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary and uncapped OTE.
- Ongoing career development and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Company vehicle or car allowance.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Private medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
Changing the way people think about waste.
Changing the way people think about waste’ is a vision that’s shared by our 10,000+ employees around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull.
Our Sales and Business Development teams play a crucial role when it comes to bringing this vison to life, be it building and maintaining relationships with our existing customers or developing new markets and creating new leads.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.