Website Kuda Technologies Ltd
Business Development Manager
Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices.
We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
We are seeking a seasoned Business Development Manager to join our dynamic digital banking team. The successful candidate will have a key role in developing relationships with merchants and processing companies to create and facilitate profitable partnerships
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, creating, and implementing growth strategies, and fostering relationships with key industry players. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in banking, finance, or a similar industry, with a focus on strategic partnerships, integrations, and incentives such as cashback programs.
- Develop and implement strategic business development plans with the primary focus on building partnerships with merchants and complimentary players in fintech field
- Identify new potential partnerships through market research, industry trends, and client feedback.
- Negotiate and manage relationships with existing and potential partners, facilitating mutually beneficial cobranding or cashback initiatives to boost customer engagement and loyalty.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders (product, marketing, technology, legal, etc.) to ensure seamless integration and execution of partnership deals and related initiatives.
- Maintain and foster professional relationships with key decision-makers within partner organizations to ensure smooth business operations.
- Understand and keep up-to-date with the competitive landscape to effectively strategize business growth plans.
- Assist in the design and execution of service-level agreements (SLAs) and contracts with partner organizations.
- Regularly report on partnership performance and suggest improvement plans when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, preferably within the banking, finance, or fintech industry.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful business development strategies.
- Excellent negotiation, networking, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to identify and build relationships with potential partners efficiently.
- Strong understanding of customer behaviors and industry trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.