Business Development Officer
We are looking for a dynamic individual to take on the role of Business Development Officer within our continuously growing team. The successful candidate will help us expand our clientele by boosting sales and forging strong relationships with prospective clients.
The Business Development Officer will coordinate with company executives, and sales & marketing professionals to review current market trends, analyze and identify opportunities, create, and apply effective sales strategies that will drive sustainable financial growth.
We are seeking a candidate who is creatively minded and eager to think outside the box when it comes to closing deals and expansion.
- Setting goals and developing a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and business and revenue growth.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and strategies to meet the targeted prospects (Federal and state government, private sectors, and individuals).
- Pursuing leads and moving them through the sales cycle.
- Developing quotes and proposals for prospective clients.
- Setting goals for the business development team and developing strategies to meet those goals.
- Training business development staff, developing entry-level staff into valuable salespeople and attending conferences and industry events across Lagos metropolis.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients and present proposals for our IT products.
- Promote the company’s products/services, addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching and tendering proposals for deals, related events, and publications.
- Stay up to date on company best practices, policies, product knowledge, training, pricing, and promotions.
- Brainstorm with the business development team to create new project strategies and proposals.
– Proven working experience as a business development specialist in an IT solution and software company or a relevant role.
– Skills required include communication, organization, time management, great networking skills, and technical and strong computer usage.
– Experience in customer support is a plus.
– Strong ability to build rapport and close deals.
– Goal-oriented, organized team player, and negotiation skills.
– Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories.
– Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
– Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
– Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and achievement plans.
– Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
– Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
Years of Experience: Minimum 3 Years working with information technology and software solution firms.
Education: B.Sc/BA in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or relevant field.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.