As we scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Team Lead – Business Development Representative who’s passionate about skills-based hiring and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Compensation range between €37,000 – €45,000 per annum + performance based bonus + share appreciation rights (SARs)
- Flexible hours based on EST/CST timezone and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As a Team Lead Business Development Representative (BDR) at TestGorilla, your primary responsibility will be to monitor and improve the performance of the BDR team. Your team will lead the initial outreach to free plan users, leveraging creative marketing and sales outbound tactics to engage and inspire them about the value of pre-screening tests and skills-based hiring.
You will help generate qualified leads, identify high-potential customers, and facilitate a smooth handover to the Product Advisor and Account Executive teams. This role requires an exceptional drive, grit, and the ability to motivate and manage a BDR Team.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the BDR team and ensure adherence to performance metrics and targets.
- Monitor individual and team performance, tracking key metrics such as call volume, response rates, and lead conversion rates.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to enhance team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct weekly check-in, provide constructive feedback, and implement training and coaching initiatives as needed.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and trends to implement innovative prospecting techniques and optimize outreach efforts.
- Continuously refine and optimize outreach strategies to maximize response rates and generate qualified leads.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to align messaging and ensure consistent brand communication across various channels.
- Prepare detailed handover documents and facilitate a smooth transition of qualified leads to the Product Advisor and Account Executive teams.
- Collaborate closely with Product Advisors and Account Executives to ensure a seamless customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Provide regular updates on lead progress, customer insights, and market trends to the Product Advisor and Account Executive teams.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission of to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are aligned with our values
- You have strong written communication skills
- You are results-driven and have a mindset to beat targets
- You are naturally curious and eager to learn in a high-growth environment
- You build strong relationships with customers through active listening, energetic phone skills and strong writing skills
- You are a critical thinker that can apply that skill on the spot in objection handling
- You have strong leadership & people management skills
- You have good time management skills, including prioritizing and scheduling
- You are looking forward to being part of a team that applies self-critical thinking in an open culture to develop others
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast-paced environment of an early-stage startup that is operating remotely around the globe
Bonus points if…
- You have experience working in a SaaS company and/or a fast-growing startup
- You have managed a successful BDR Team before
- You have a track record of overachieving (commercial) targets
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can get a better idea about whether you would fit the role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
We encourage diverse applicants from myriad educational, work, and personal backgrounds to apply. We are a parent-friendly/caregiver-friendly employer who recognizes the importance of having a great life outside of work.
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career.
To apply for this job please visit testgorilla-1680540968.teamtailor.com.