Business Operations Associate
You are a generalist that is motivated to get their hands dirty on a variety of topics related to enabling a purpose-driven, distributed team to be more efficient? Yay, you might be THE person we’ve been writing this job description for 😉
While our collective with a team size of 55+ people is constantly growing our operations team is still very small (2) – and the foundation of our success is a well-run organization, so people can focus on what they do best. With this in mind, we’re looking for a versatile and autonomous Business Operations Associate with a natural drive to keeping things organized and operational problem solving – and a passion for leveraging technology for a better tomorrow. You will be fully responsible for all our Tunisian operations, including our amazing villa, which we call home.
You pride yourself on being hands-on, well-structured, resilient, and solution-oriented. You don’t take no for an answer and figure out ways to get things done in Tunisia – with a passion for seamless operations and the ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment. Your challenge: enabling our collective to focus on their work by driving business excellence for our Tunisian entity and our space.
Given the generalist character there are various ways to grow, e.g. into an Operations Lead or Project Manager.
80%: Key responsibilities
You will be at the heart of our organization and the driver of our day-to-day experience together in Tunisia and abroad. You will closely support our team in a dynamic and inclusive environment to ensure smooth and seamless operations, including:
- Ensuring a wow workplace experience where people feel productive and at home by coordinating in-space activities and keeping our Villa neat and organized (e.g. managing service providers, security & maintenance)
- Operational problem-solving and project management to optimize our on-the-ground operations in Tunis (e.g. logistics, tooling, equipment, travel)
- Effectively responding to administrative requests from internal and external stakeholders (incl. bookkeeping, authorities, insurance, suppliers etc.)
- Managing Think-it’s core tools and accounts (Slack, Notion, GSuite) and how we can leverage their full power
- Constantly looking for ways to drive business excellence & operational efficiency, e.g. through innovative and creative solutions, automation/AI etc, partners
- Ideally also handling quality management (ISO9001) and data & information security (ISO27001) at Think-it
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we are looking for
- A strong work ethic, self-drive, and thirst for learning
- Common sense, reliability, and a natural drive to keep things organized
- Problem-solving skills to get things done
- Digital native with excitement to leverage the full potential of tools such as Slack, Notion etc.
- First demonstrated experience with Tunisian administration, accounting, and authorities
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English
- Professional written and verbal fluency in French and/or Tunisian Arabic
- Be able to operate from our office in Lac 2, Tunis on a regular basis
- Demonstrated experience in an operations function is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience working with an international, diversified, and distributed team in a fast-paced environment (e.g. startup, consulting, etc) is a plus
Who you are
- You are an aspiring leader. You enjoy interacting with people, and bring passion and persistence to your work to figure out a way where others would give up to get what’s needed to help the team advance.
- You are detail-oriented. You keep yourself and your work highly organized despite juggling multiple priorities, and also pay attention to the details that others might overlook.
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver a wow experience on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your peers.
- You are people-centric. You care for your peers and have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving diverse stakeholders, and enjoy helping others grow.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.