Website TELUS International,
Description and Requirements
Our Client Care Representatives are first responders to client requests received over phone and chat. Taking care of clients involves having conversations and carrying out assessments to determine suitability for short-term counseling referrals and delivering practical and empathetic support on a wide range of situations.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordinate the assignment of clinical records: 40%
- Assign the appropriate advisor to the requested service based on the client’s needs.
- Prioritize the assignment of the file according to the level of urgency.
- Transmit clients’ personal information to advisors within the prescribed time limits.
- Communicate with advisors to update client information or submit other inquiries.
- Communicate with advisors to obtain information to better serve clients.
- See to the assignment of the file during the appointment process.
- Communicate with other teams and departments: 15%
- Consult with Regional Clinical Directors regarding certain case assignments, including counselor availability or the suitability of a counselor’s skills in a case.
- Consult with members of other Service Access Center teams regarding a client’s needs.
- Participate in service access center committees or other company committees dedicated to specific objectives or projects.
- Manage and respond to requests for information: 30%
- Respond to calls from advisors and find requested information about a file.
- Respond to calls from advisors regarding a variety of requests, for example, an update of their availability, a reassignment of files or an explanation of the procedures in effect at the service access center and direct them to the appropriate department, if necessary.
- Answer calls from internal clients belonging to the Account Management or Business Development departments and provide the information requested.
- Manage emails from internal clients, eg Regional Clinical Directors, and respond promptly and professionally.
- Perform administrative tasks: 10%
- Manage and update important documents and lists for team members, including the list of files assigned to advisors.
- Follow-up on case assignment confirmations and make follow-up calls according to normal deadlines (including various reports such as P and D reports, if applicable).
- Perform other administrative and monitoring tasks, as requested.
- Take on other responsibilities as requested: 5%
Required Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- 2+ years of previous interactive customer service experience
- Verbal and written skills in English
- Passionate about helping others, able to provide empathy when necessary
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cope with a high volume of incoming calls and chats
- Works well under pressure
- Enjoys working towards targets around call volumes and call quality
- Empathetic and able to support clients who may be in distress and the ability to triage crisis situations to our clinical team
- Technical savvy
- Ability to cope well and embrace change
- Ability to pass a criminal background check which may consist of federal fingerprinting
- The flexibility to work any shift assigned between the hours of operations of 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Shifts will be 8 hours per day 5 days per week, so weekend and evening availability is required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, & Competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent post-secondary education in a subject such as Psychology strongly preferred (or similar work experience)
- Previous experience in dealing with distressed or vulnerable clients in an Employee Assistance capacity.
- Previous experience in working in a service center / call center environment.
- Dedicated, private home workspace free of distractions and interruptions
- Established home internet connectivity; minimum internet download speed of 15 mbps | upload speed of 10 mbps
- Understand own network environment at home
- Ability to troubleshoot own devices & connectivity
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
- We passionately put our customers and communities first
- We embrace changes and innovate courageously
- We grow together through spirited teamwork
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Salary: Please note pay rate is based on location:
- US – $18.00 per hour
- Canada – $38,493.00 annual
Additional Job Description
Position Overview: Our Client Care Representatives are first responders to client requests received over phone and chat. Taking care of clients involves having conversations and carrying out assessments to determine suitability for short-term counselling referrals and delivering practical support on a wide range of situations. Note: This position is fully remote. All candidates must be able to meet all work from home requirements listed below.
At TELUS International, we enable customer experience innovation through spirited teamwork, agile thinking, and a caring culture that puts customers first. TELUS International is the global arm of TELUS Corporation, one of the largest telecommunications service providers in Canada. We deliver contact center and business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions to some of the world’s largest corporations in the consumer electronics, finance, telecommunications and utilities sectors. With global call center delivery capabilities, our multi-shore, multi-language programs offer safe, secure infrastructure, value-based pricing, skills-based resources and exceptional customer service – all backed by TELUS, our multi-billion dollar telecommunications parent.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At TELUS International, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire and promote, are based on applicants’ qualifications, merits, competence and performance without regard to any characteristic related to diversity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.telusinternational.com.