Job Title: Cloud Infrastructure SRE
The Cloud Infrastructure – Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) supports the public cloud infrastructure used to deliver public cloud hosted managed services to customers. You will have a high customer focus being actively involved in the support and development of the service including: the resolution of support cases, live service monitoring and maintenance, new service provision and continuous improvement projects. You will provide high quality operational and technical support to customers and will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
You must have excellent technical knowledge across Microsoft public Cloud Services (Azure). You should have a good knowledge of security practices working in a regulated environment and the flexibility to work out of hours will be required, including on call.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer with operational support and project delivery experience to provide L3/L4 analytical incident management and resolution alongside project-based deliverables across a large, expanding customer base to ensure quality service delivery and Service Level Agreement compliancy.
What you will be doing:
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, skills and experience
- Contribute to the planning of application / infrastructure releases and configuration changes
- Resolve support requests from customers by phone, email and online making use of the call logging system
- Interact with key internal stakeholders and external third-party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Provide input to administering and maintaining all production and development environments
- Create detailed technical and procedural documentation (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup)
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Service transition and complete Operational Acceptance (OA) of new customer services
- Implementation and delivery of Microsoft Azure projects
- Training and Development – Learn about the latest public Cloud products and services and increase your knowledge.
What we are looking for:
- Innovation should be first, thriving to innovate, automate and keen to improve
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking, and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Microsoft Azure certifications: AZ-103/104 – Azure Administrator
- Good operational experience supporting Microsoft public cloud technologies and services at an enterprise level (multi-tenant) with in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Azure Active Directory (RBAC and IAM)
- Azure Networking
- Azure Storage
- Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Compute (IAAS VMs)
- Azure Backups
- Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
- Azure Migrate
- Microsoft Defender with Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- ARM Templates (JSON)
- Demonstrable career operational experience from one of the following areas: Server Infrastructure Engineering (Virtualisation / Windows / Linux). Office / Microsoft 365 Administration. Network Engineering. DevOps (CI/CD, pipelines and Infrastructure as Code)
- In-depth knowledge of a scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, Azure Cli)
- Bright attitude and a deep desire to learn
- Embraces challenges
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work well with individuals and teams
- Experience with helpdesk IT Service Management Tools (e.g. BMC Remedy / Service Now).
Desired Skills and experience
- Experience of Infrastructure migrations to the Azure Cloud
- Microsoft Azure certifications: AZ-300/301/303/304 – Azure Architecture. AZ-400 – Azure DevOps. AZ-500 – Azure Security. MS-100/101 – Microsoft 365 Administrator
- Experience with other public cloud technologies and services (e.g. AWS / Google Cloud)
- Experience with Azure DevOps – deploying Infrastructure using CI/CD pipelines
- Previously have worked with infrastructure-as-code and immutable builds (e.g. Chef, Puppet or Terraform)
- Understanding of network protocols, firewalls (Network Virtual Appliances) and routing
- Experience with deployment and management of container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, AKS and Docker)
- Any exposure to Agile working practices
- Experience with deployment and management of Azure PAAS database technologies (e.g. Azure SQL)
- Experience of hardening IT infrastructure based on security audits, standards and industry best practice (e.g. vulnerability scanning, Penetration testing and ISO27001/17/18).
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s colleagues, businesses and clients.
We design, build and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services – from working collaboratively with Capita’s businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, that enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You’ll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What’s in it for you?
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
To apply for this job please visit www.capita.com.