Collections Officer at Carbon
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives where ever they are, and with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
At Carbon, we are:
Passionate: We love what we do and have an ownership mentality.
Resourceful: We make do with what we have. Not wasteful
Intelligent: We are forever learning to better ourselves, constantly experiencing & testing to understand the problem space better
Maverick: We try the unconventional, questions widely held assumptions.
Executors: We get shit done. No excuses
Data-Driven: Rigorous in using data for decision, experiments to test assumptions and hypothesis
We are looking for a competent Collection officer to contact customers and collect outstanding payments. You will have to strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships and ensuring timely payments. Our collections officer should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work independently. You will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to your purpose. Persistence and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Planning course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Follow-up with ALL promises to pay in a timely fashion.
- Keep tabs and reminders on payment.
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues.
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- 2- 3 years experience as a Recovery collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines.
- First-hand resolution on calls
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Apt in negotiating and persuading.
- Minimum of OND is preferred.
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)
- Technical interview
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
To apply for this job please click on -> carbon.bamboohr.com.