Website Paradigm Initiative
We are looking for a brilliant individual to join our Communications team. The successful candidate will be a part of PIN’s Leadership Team and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
To oversee all internal and external communications for Paradigm Initiative while ensuring our message is consistent and engaging. The main duties include managing our digital platforms, including website, social media accounts, email and other dissemination tools. The successful candidate will publish and promote marketing, editorial and fundraising content/campaigns on our digital platforms and across social media.
This position is also responsible for maintaining Paradigm Initiative’s partner database and providing regular communications with partners. It involves preparing detailed media reports, press releases, and marketing materials; coordinating and delivering resources and processes in support of media and communications; researching, writing, editing and publishing information about Paradigm Initiative to be used for internal publications for employees, management, partners, volunteers and the public.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Publish a variety of digital content with a focus on producing engaging web pages that are visually appealing and provide an overall rich experience for partners and visitors. Manage all postings to ensure content is on-brand and search- and social-optimized.
- Timely response to the communications needs of team members and the giving of timely updates regarding any ongoing project.
- Produce all email campaigns, solicit content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Lead digital execution and participate in digital advocacy—across email, website, print and social media—of programmes and projects across offices and Regions throughout the year.
- Develop and execute social and print media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for the Communications Team
- Create content for social media accounts and post regularly on each account.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across channels. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform
- Coordinate and support communications projects, outreach, and products as needed
- Support team members in the translation of documents and other communications from English to French and vice versa.
- Proof read and coordinate production of communications materials
- Manage allocated budgets for all tasks and cost effective maintenance of digital assets
- Raise funds for the organization through the deployment of digital media skills and through relevant grant opportunities
- Monitor the social media networks for grants and funding opportunities for the Organization
Business and Media Management
- Develop and implement long term and project based communications strategies.
- Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels
- Oversee the development and maintenance of PIN’s website
- Contribute to overall digital content strategy and inform the calendar of upcoming topics, news and milestones, and external opportunities to guide content planning.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy
- Help manage and drive events including developing email invitations and managing invitation lists
- Seek regular opportunities for the Leadership Team to engage with major foundations, corporate partners, and other organizations on social media and curate up-to-date lists of key accounts.
- Compile and maintain media and community database
- Create and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising, grants, projects and programs
- Organize online events, perform outreach and marketing, manage “day of” social media and more
- Identify and research media outlets, producers, editors and reporters towards making them receptive to PIN’s message
- Track and record media mentions related to Paradigm Initiative’s work
- Ensure adequate media coverage for all program activities and functions in electronic and print media, and on digital media platforms
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills
- Other projects as assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Identify at least one grant and funding opportunity every half year for the Organization
- Ensure expenditure does not exceed allocated/approved budgets across programs activities and send accurate financial records to the Finance unit. Work with the target of not exceeding 80% of approved budgets and leverage saving to expand reach where useful.
Internal / External:
- Ensure strict compliance to the Social Media Calendar
- Publish PIN’s Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship articles, following PIN’s social media calendar, on PIN’s website and social media platforms
- Publish PIN’s annual Impact report within the first quarter of the year
- Publish news releases on a weekly basis
- Publish quarterly newsletter within the first week of the new quarter
- Publish Press releases within twenty four hours of receipt (in line with other press releases as per program and event)
- Timely delivery of internal and external communication needs (eg. media parley), following the Social Media Calendar
- Compile and maintain an up to date media and community database
- Maintain an up to date database of all media mentions related to Paradigm Initiative’s work
- Ensure strict compliance to the Global and Social Media Communications Policy
- Ensure a detailed error-free reporting of activities, to the COO, occurring in the Communications team for timely and efficient publication when required
- Research and initiate new communication trends with a view to increasing PIN’s brand visibility.
- Identify at least 2 media outlets, producers, editors and reporters, per quarter towards making them receptive to PIN’s message
People Management and strategy:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Communications Team members.
- Review, approve and where necessary recommend relevant training needs for all Communications staff working with Human Resources department to ensure all team members receive appropriate training at least (once) a year
- Monitor team members performance by tracking weekly performance through up to date weekly reports
- Help unit members achieve at least 75% in performance evaluation measurements
Social Media Management and Engagement
- Complete all social media entries within the stipulated time frame on the Social Media calendar
- Increase social media engagement, through positive mentions, shares, likes and other social media interactions, across all our social media platforms by 5% every quarter
- Publish all received monthly internal news blog articles per agreed schedule on the website
- Regularly update banners of events as they pop up
- Ensure quality and timeliness of the output of the Communications Assistant (Graphics) in line with PIN’s communications and branding guidelines
- Effective writing, listening and speaking communication skills
- Leadership, showing direction to others and general people management
- Delegation skills
- Attention to detail and error free reporting
- Motivating and developing others
- Organizing and task management
- Use of productivity tools – Google calendar, time sheets, smart sheets
- Integrity and honesty
- Courtesy and respect for others
- Respect for constituted authority
- Managing and embracing change
- Fosters teamwork
- Self development
- Creativity and taking initiative
- Achieving results
- Risk management and quality
- Prompt feedback on tasks and acknowledgement of official communication
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or any other related field
- Proven experience with communications research and strategy, media relations, content development for various audiences, digital engagement best practices
- At least 5 years of relevant communications experience; digital communications experience is highly preferred
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace or other CMS
- Proven experience managing digital media advertising for social campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in English
- Ability to communicate well in French is an added advantage
- Attention to details and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgement and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Software skills desired – WordPress, SquareSpace, MailChimp (or similar email service provider), offline and cloud-based productivity tools
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with others especially other team members
- Good understanding of ICT issues and policies in Africa
For the purpose of gender balance, a female candidate will be preferred. Application is open to candidates based in Nigeria (Abuja), Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Remuneration is between $27,000 and $33,000 gross salary per annum (depending on the level of experience) comprising annual gross salary and reimbursements (housing, transportation allowance, pension, meal allowance, utility allowance, dependant allowance, communication allowance).
Other benefits include 13th month salary, paid vacation, training and development, birthday allowance, medical cover for self, spouse and up to 3 children, bi-annual care package, paid sabbatical leave, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, amongst others.
How to apply
Send a one-page statement of Interest, with your recent CV attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please click on -> paradigmhq.org..