We are working to create an industry-leading, community-governed Web 3.0 publication.
You will help lead our effort to progressively build out a truly decentralized media organization, and be a leader and public face of this effort in the community.
To get there, we need an intrepid community lead who can help us build and grow our existing community from a ragtag Discord server into a full-fledged DAO.
The ideal candidate for this role is an active member of DAO/crypto communities, with solid written communication and organizational skills, a great attitude, and a strong presence on Twitter and/or Discord.
This role will include elements of community building alongside DAO onboarding and experience. More specifically:
- Memeing the Decrypt DAO Discord community into existence
- Designing, implementing and bootstrapping Discord and other channels where the Decrypt community lives
- Writing public communications on behalf of Decrypt to the DAO community
- Working closely with Product and Editorial to create, organize, and host online events for the DAO community in Discord and Twitter
- Building a moderator community to help manage and support community members across different channels and community spaces.
- A deep passion for creating and curating content in online communities
- You really care about DAOs, bonus points if you’re an active contributor/ member of a DAO. Self-taught in some fields and consider yourself a voracious learner who loves to keep up with trends and developments in crypto, DeFi, and Creator DAOs.
- Previous experience managing community channels—bonus points for experience hosting community calls and events.
- You’re personable and able to find ways to connect with people even when there’s not a clear call to action.
- Appreciative and well-versed in clear and effective communication, be it written, verbal, or memetic.
- You have a bias towards action. You get things done. When you can’t get them done, you know how to work with the team/community to get what you need.
This is a hands-on role that will enable you to work in the community and for the community, while growing, engaging, and getting feedback from some of the best DAOs in existence. We are a fully remote team, but team members will need to be able to work at least partially in EST.
To apply for this job, click here --> decrypt.co.