*We are a fast-growing, venture capital-backed Silicon Valley tech startup working with cutting-edge technologies. We are looking to expand our global team to keep up with our growing business! *
We are looking for a highly motivated and technical community manager who will be representing Hummingbot and should become very knowledgeable about our Hummingbot product and market making strategies to best support our online communities and create learning content to support our users’ learning journey in becoming better market makers.
In this role, you will work directly with the growth team and take ownership of community management and content creation.
- Monitor, moderate, and support our community on Discord, helping users with understanding the different trading strategies and new users with onboarding
- Organize and coordinate community events such as competitions, bounties, webinars, and AMAs on Youtube, Discord, Telegram, and other social channels
- Identify high potential community members for collaboration with Hummingbot
- Plan and organize potential community programs such as fellowships and community working groups.
- Manage internal and external partnerships with different partners and exchanges.
- Support initiatives on our learning platform, Hummingbot Academy
- Glean insights within our community that can be funnelled back into our product, engineering, and growth teams
- Measure and report on the success of community growth, support, and engagement initiatives with qualitative and quantitative insights.
You’re a great fit if you are:
- Experienced in high frequency trading or algorithmic trading
- Strong understanding of the current crypto defi landscape
- Experienced in growing communities and organizing community events
- A highly intelligent problem-solver that wants help community members with their challenges
- A heart, great empathy, patience, and communication skills to support our diverse group of Hummingbot users
- A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world
- Takes initiative: don’t just tick the box, find ways to do things better
- Resourceful, diligent, executional: whatever the task, you find a way to get it done
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills; a team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills, writing skills, and interpersonal & presentation skills
- Technical, can understand Hummingbot documentation, trading strategies, PnL trading analysis and our GitHub repository
Nice to have:
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role with experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Previous experience (professional or academic) in finance and trading
- Previous experience working at a startup, in particular, a blockchain/cryptocurrency startup
- You have written articles / created a club, Youtube channel or a newsletter about high frequency trading, algorithmic trading, or crypto
- A passion for simplifying complicated strategies into simple concepts for users
- Experience using algo trading tools or open source projects
- Experience using Hummingbot
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field
- Become part of a growing, experienced, well-connected team in crypto, blockchain and machine learning (team background: Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Apple, Etsy, BlueJeans)
- Accelerated career-growth opportunities
- Work hard / have fun team culture, e.g. company game nights and events.
- International travel for company retreats/meetups
- Sharpen the saw! Company-sponsored training programs and continuing education
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.