Website She Works Africa
Community Manager, She Works Africa
As of the August 2020 Fortune Global list, only 13 women (2.6%) were CEOs of Fortune Global 500 companies—and all of them were White. According to McKinsey’s Women Matter Africa report in 2016, only 5% of tech company CEOs were women, while 29% of senior managers were women. The report also revealed that only 36% of promotions in organisations go to women in Africa.
This is not a new story. Although there’s an improvement, we think there’s a lot more that needs to be done. We need to create opportunities for more women to land top jobs in companies, raise funding for their startups and get involved in politics. This is why we started She Works Africa. We know more companies want to hire more women and they don’t know how to reach them. We want to shine a light on top opportunities available to women across Africa. We are building a digital community to help more women gain access to top jobs, mentorship and career growth opportunities. We don’t think it will fix the problem, but we hope it makes a dent.
We are looking for a Community Manager, Platform Manager, Overall Manager to help build the community from scratch. You will have total ownership over what strategies, objectives and programs to implement. We are looking for someone passionate about helping women move up in their careers. You are an entrepreneur and comfortable with starting something from nothing and growing it. You are a great storyteller and know how to use social media and email to build and grow a community. In short, you are a unicorn.
What are the big challenges you would likely tackle:
- Growing the community from zero to 10,000 members in 6 months
- Build a solid social media presence alongside a weekly newsletter
- Publish groundbreaking contents and guides in the area of Hiring,Careers, Work, Personal Growth
What will you be responsible for?
- Community Building: Engaging and building a strong community.Identifying pain points and building value propositions that help improve the lives of members in our community.
- Marketing : Develop our voice, messaging, and how we tell our story, such through as newsletters, blogs,social media, press releases, etc You will run an engaging weekly newsletter for career women.
- Social Media: Produce and publish engaging and relevant content across social media – Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Sales: Develop strategies monetising the community, offering value to customers and generating recurring revenue.
- Growth : Track and report on all important growth metrics to help us define and improve on how we serve our community. Implement tactics and strategies to grow members of our community.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into CareerBuddy, meet the team and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Get a fundamental understanding of the goals, processes and how we work.
- Independently start to study and learn how job boards operate the platform and channels you will need to grow
In the first month, expect to:
- Define a sustainable growth model with specific short term and long term goals
- Start to execute on projects with measured results.
- Achieve 1000 user sign ups in our newsletter
- Achieve 40% open rate in newsletter published
- Learn to drive growth initiatives in a variety of areas, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, etc.
- Define specific products and value offerings for our community
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop a viable commercial model for monetizing different value segments of the community
- Start implementing aggressive growth tactics to increase our reach within the NIgerian market.
- Launch the very first webinar for professional women in our community.
- Grow the number of newsletter signups and active users to 5,000 in the first 3 months.
- Publish comprehensive 2 comprehensive guides for members in our community per month.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Publish strong ,authoritative high impact guides for Career growth, Work Life and professional growth for our users
- Continue to rapidly ideate, prioritize, and execute on new ideas and growth strategies.
- Start executing commercial/ monetization strategies and generate first revenue from the community
In the first year, expect to:
- Grow the number of daily active users on our website.
- Grow the number of people who interact with us across different channels.
- Make us the first career platform for companies looking to hire women across Africa
What should you have to be able to do this job?
- 1-2 years of professional experience with a strong analytical background and the ability to translate analysis into action.
- You have marketing/ sales, social media, content writing experience
- You have started something – a business, NGO, project etc. Doesn’t matter if it failed or succeeded
- Motivation to rapidly learn new skills and develop your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
What do you stand to gain
- Opportunity to build the very first female focused job board and career platform in Africa.
- Work as part of a high performing team shaping hiring across Africa
- Compensation that scales with achieving defined go
To apply for this job please click on -> bit.ly.