Meritas is looking for a Nigeria-based Online Community Moderator, to implement the Company’s Online Community Strategy, monitor, and moderate user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe and fun environment. Meritas is on a mission to create a community of investors that participate in the equity markets without risk. Through our app, our community members can access the Meritas ecosystem to manage their own portfolio, test their skills and compete for cash and jobs…a true meritocracy.
- Implement the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Review and moderate all user-generated content and user profiles (either pre-, post- or reactive moderation) within forums, comments, images, videos and audio, liaising with Nigeria team where required
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date
- Service Community Admin accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary
- Moderate communities located in social networking platforms, slack or/and discord
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring moderation and UGC (User Generated Content) volume.
- Regularly report insights gained from community moderation to the Executives
- Monitor all industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues
- 1-2 years of experience moderating online communities
- Great knowledge of Defi, crypto and fintech.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Knowledge of the Company’s industry and targeted demographic’s culture, as well as internet culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics
- Team player, detail focused and reliable
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Experience with Reddit, Slack and Discord.
Send your resume and rates (in USD) to Meritastechng@gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to Meritastechng@gmail.com