Title: Compliance Analyst
About our Company:
LemFi (YC S21) is building the neobank for African diaspora in North America & Europe. We provide our users with a multi-currency account that allows them to hold, send, and receive money from Africa in any currency for their business and personal banking needs.
We are a fast-paced startup with entities in the UK, USA, Canada and Nigeria and you would be required to familiarize yourself with necessary statutory and regulatory requirements in these locations.
About the Role
|The role of Compliance Analyst, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance, is a fully remote entry-level position within LemFi’s global Compliance team. In this role, you should have general knowledge of standard global AML/CFT compliance program requirements and best practices. The ideal candidate should have a background of 1 year in AML compliance operations involving simplified or enhanced due diligence (EDD), transaction monitoring, and general case investigations related to red flag behaviors or suspicious activities.
Important note: this role will require occasional rotating evening and/or weekend shifts. You must be willing to fulfill this if assigned.
Compensation: NGN 150,000 Naira Monthly net pay
Compliance Analyst Responsibilities are as follows:
Who You Are:
You are a candidate who would thrive in a fintech startup environment like ours, where we readily accept individuals with a humble, yet uplifting attitude alongside a diligent sense of work ethic. The teams here at Lemonade Finance are passionate about their work and fields of expertise, but also lend hands on cross-functional responsibilities to ensure the success of the company and the satisfaction of our clientele.
What You’ll Need:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience;
- 1 year of experience in a compliance role at a fintech or financial institution;
- Familiarity and experience with daily operational compliance responsibilities such as KYC and ID verification, EDD, and transaction monitoring clearing and decisioning;
- The ability to act independently in analyzing a customer’s risk;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or Google Sheets;
- Excellent analytical, investigative, verbal and written communication skills, particularly in English;
- Exceptional organizational skills and fine attention to detail;
- Ability to balance competing priorities on a daily basis, take ownership of work product in the absence of continuous guidance, and consistently deliver results;
- Adaptability to global operational needs and ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lemonade.finance.