What You’ll Do:
- Manage the editorial calendar, including creating content outlines for writers
- Edit and format submitted content to meet quality standards, and give writers feedback to help them improve their craft
- Analyze current content success
- Identify content gaps our competitors are doing well
- Flag and fix content pieces that should be revamped or rewritten to keep them high in the rankings
- Help recruit and on-board new writers
- Guard the quality of our blog
What We Are Looking For:
Editorial: You’ll have proven skills in proofreading and editing and you understand what it takes to make a blog article excellent. Your level of written English is impeccable and you can spot a typo a mile off. You’ll already have experience writing in-depth content outlines for freelance writers, proactively ensuring they have everything needed to deliver work on deadline (and know how to chase up effectively, if not!).
Strategy: Through analysing the traffic, SEO data and the competitive landscape you are able to come up with a strategy for how to grow a blog. You understand the importance of utilising resources for maximum impact and believe in a quality over quantity approach.
Project Management: You already have solid internal project management skills, and love updating and managing tasks, like our editorial calendar, from start to finish! Similarly, you are a big believer in processes: you’ll proactively improve our existing processes wherever possible, and have enough experience with project management to know that smooth internal processes lie at the heart of every successful business.
Writing: Whilst this is not predominantly a writing position, you are an adept writer. You have a way with words and a knack for making any article more appealing, engaging and informative. You can provide recent and relevant examples of blog articles you have written or edited that will blow us away.
Requirements (we want to see as many of these as possible in your application)
- A proven track record of managing and growing a high traffic blog.
- 2+ years of editorial and writing experience.
- Experience in the WordPress, SaaS and/or online business space and a keen interest in related topics.
- You’ve built and/or managed a WordPress site before and understand the challenge of identifying the best tools and plugins.
- Excellent project management – you can maintain communication with multiple authors and manage an editorial calendar based on their estimates.
- Impeccable English editorial skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience working autonomously in a remote start up environment and experience using key remote tools.
- Availability to overlap some hours each day with European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Ahrefs, Google Analytics, GSuite
- Knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology.
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential.
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily.
- Proven organisational skills: You must be proactive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable.
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion.
Bonus points if you have:
- Digital marketing experience/know-how.
- Experience with technical content (e.g. you know how to check a software product’s changelog)
- This is a full-time, 100% remote position. Work from wherever you want in the world.
- True flexibility. While we do ask for a few hours of overlap with CET each day, outside of that, you are free to work whenever suits you best.
- Massive autonomy. No one likes to be micro-managed, and we don’t like to micro-manage anyone (If you need that kind of hand holding and direction, we’re not going to be your cup of tea!) We hire people who are excited to own their work and we look to you to tell us the big levers in your role that’ll make the most impact.
- Competitive compensation. Everyone on our team is an expert at what they do and we believe in paying people fairly for their contribution. For this position, expect to earn between $48,000 – $60,000 per year (negotiable).
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows.
To apply for this job, click on this link--> careers.athemes.com.