Content Marketing Manager
Stitch is an API fintech startup on a mission to make it easier for businesses in Africa to launch, optimize and scale financial products. We provide an API that allows businesses to easily access and link their users’ financial accounts.
Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with providing businesses tackling these challenges with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager that can help us tell the Stitch story and generate unique content that will attract and engage potential clients and partners, as well as help existing ones achieve their goals faster. This person would work closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications and the design and brand team to develop and execute on a content and social media strategy.
An ideal candidate will have exceptional writing skills, understand how to generate multi-media content that reaches a large target base, and understand how to measure and iterate on results. Particular knowledge of the fintech space in Africa is required.
The content marketing manager will be responsible for:
- Managing Stitch social media (LinkedIn + Twitter) with consistent, on-brand posts + increasing engagement and following
- Inclusive of strategic targeted paid campaigns + partnerships as required
- Working with the Head of Marketing & Communications and design team to generate multi-media content for the Stitch blog, social media and other potential channels
- May include a podcast, reports or white papers, video content, interviews
- Includes developing and maintaining editorial calendar
- Developing, producing and iterating on a Stitch newsletter that fills a niche in the existing fintech content landscape + grow the mailing list in all existing and prospective markets
- Identifying opportunities to position members of the Stitch team, Stitch client base and Stitch investors and partners as thought leaders, and producing, or acting as a thought partner to produce, content that showcases their knowledge to our audience
- Identifying gaps in existing knowledge and research in the wider fintech space in Africa, and working with partners to produce relevant reports that can serve as reference points
- Identifying + engaging relevant partners that can help amplify and contribute to Stitch content
- Optimizing all content produced for search and track keywords
- Presenting regular reporting on success metrics to the wider team + iterating based on goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- 3-5 years+ experience in content and social media marketing, with a demonstrated track record of substantially growing a social media following from very early stages
- An understanding of the financial technology and tech startup space in Africa
- Demonstrated ability to leverage content to generate inbound interest and increase brand awareness
- Experience writing content for a B2B audience
- Experience working with a general CMS / website backend
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and web analytics
- The editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work well in remote and international environments
- Strong network in the fintech space in Africa
- Experience working in or advising tech startups
- Experience writing for an international publication, preferably in the tech space, a plus
- Experience working in B2B SaaS, API or payments companies
- Strong knowledge of startup needs in various key markets – including South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana
- Familiarity with a developer audience and ability to translate and simplify complex engineering concepts
- Strong understanding of Google AdWords + SEM
- Knowledge of local African languages (particularly in South African and Nigerian markets) a plus
We are a passionate, collaborative and quirky team, and we are constantly working to enable the best possible environment in which all Stitches can succeed.
HQ and Remote Work
At Stitch, we work both in-person and remotely. Stitch HQ is in Cape Town, South Africa. We also have offices in Johannesburg and Lagos, Nigeria. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit Cape Town and meet the wider team regularly.
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.