Do you have at least 2 years of copy editing and content management experience? Are you excited to be a part of a company that has a social impact focus and an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re detail-oriented and have an open and collaborative attitude. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You know how to manage competing priorities and smoothly juggle working with reporters and a news production team. You always strive to be the best communicator in the room.
What you’ll do here
What kind of impact will you make? As a copy editor, you will be responsible for copyediting a wide range of articles, newsletters, and special reports. You’ll also ensure accuracy and overall quality of Devex publications. Your first year will look a little bit like this…
- Copy edit 6+ stories for Devex daily, including abstracts, headlines, and layout.
- Copy edit other Devex content, including special reports, external emails, or social media copy, on a needs-basis.
- Perform daily newsletter quality checks and sign off.
- Provide and post social media copy (stat of the day, quote of the day, quizz options) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
To fit well in this role you must be truly sharp, an excellent copy editor, and someone with the communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you. You also must have:
- Native English level with excellent editing skills, including particular attention to detail and accuracy.
- At least 2 years of copy editing experience and copy management.
- Familiarity with AP style or other style guide.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong problem-solving capabilities.
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see:
- Work experience with a media organization.
- Relevant undergraduate degree.
- Remote work experience across multiple timezones.
- Native familiarity with social media and multimedia tools.
- A global mindset and understanding of international development.
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work.
Devex is the world’s leading news organization covering global development, global health, humanitarian action, and sustainability. We’re known for hard-hitting journalism, big scoops and exclusives, and deep coverage for our influential community of one million aid workers and development professionals.
What We Offer You
When you become a Devexer, you’re not only joining a global news organization but a team of 120+ passionate people who value our guiding principles:
- We champion global development professionals.
- We focus on impact.
- We embrace transformation.
- We work together.
- We feel urgency.
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- 2, week-long Devex-wide breaks on top of standard holiday days
- 15 days annual leave
- 2 YAY days
- 2 Learning days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Other benefits might apply
- Invitation to complete a HireVue (recorded interview)
- Quick call with hiring manager Honesty Pern
- Take-home challenge
- In depth interview with hiring manager Honesty Pern
- Final interview with team lead Kim Bode
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now! Interviews will begin the second week of February, and we will continue to accept new applications until an offer is accepted.
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.