FINCA Microfinance Bank Ltd
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
Job Position: Credit Risk Analyst
Job Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Credit Risk Analyst will report to and work closely with the Head of Credit. This role is designed to focus on the identification of external and internal credit risks that FINCA NIGERIA faces, evaluating the likely effect and probability of these risks, introducing control measures and monitoring and evaluating the success of these measures.
- The CRA is responsible for establishing risk benchmarks that can help facilitate to monitor and mitigate potential credit risk as well as analyzing potential negative impact on credit portfolio quality as a result of macroeconomic or financial market changes and propose measures that may reduce these effects.
- Additionally, the CRA is responsible in assisting FINCA Nigeria with the relevant performance reports. Gathering, organizing and analyzing these data for easy circulation to the team as may be required.
- The CRA will need to use a variety of tools to evaluate and manage both credit risks and reporting function including technical computer and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- S/He assumes the role of back officer of business department.
- Timely review of Credit files, appraisal and feedback in line with laid down Policy and Procedures of FINCA credit process.
- Review approved loan decisions in regard to credit performance.
- Access, analyze and interpret complicated financial information.
- Achieve daily target on approved decision.
- Ensures that the Bank’s credit exposures are within set risk bearing limits.
- Monitor/track root causes of delinquent and non-performing accounts to enhance future decisions.
- Manage Credit Insurance (Life, Fire and Burglary), Data /Reporting and Claims.
- Facilitate and participate in the training of credit staff as needed (especially in credit risk and control measures)
- Prepare monthly credit decision management i.e., number of applications received; processed, rejected, etc.
- Conduct Credit Bureau random checks and feedback review.
- Conduct Customers and Guarantors Site Visitation where need arises.
- Report exceptions promptly to management.
- Make recommendations about procedural/policy changes to management.
- Keep an up-to-date information on key Credit issues (for example legal, market risk and compliance issues)
- Assist to enhance the quality of credit applications
- Analyze reports received from functional areas, compare actual results versus budget, highlight the main gaps, analyze the possible causes for deviations, and suggest corrective actions. As well circulate the report to the team as required.
- Develop a monthly balanced scorecard report that analyzes the factors driving the evolution of the big 5 indicators and establishes correlations between those factors.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, the CRA should demonstrate the following competencies:
- A good understanding of credit sector
- Strong in oral communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiply priorities
- Sense of teamwork, cooperative, and adaptable to change
- Strong systems and spreadsheet reporting capabilities is ideal
- Ability to develop and communicate effective presentations
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent excel skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other related discipline, MBA is an added advantage
- 3 years of relevant experience, 3 of which in banking and credit development focused
- Strong credit risk analysis skills and experience
- Exposure to microfinance
- Previous experience in risk management, branch management, internal controls and/or financial analyst.
Computer & Language Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual needs a high degree of computer literacy with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point and preferable proficiency with statistical software.
- Fluency in English is required with good local language content.
- Develop structure and process for analyzing and monitoring credit risk
- Design and develop quality risk analysis reports to ensure credit management has the adequate tools and information for credit operations decision making
- Institutionalize and integrate credit risk analysis into daily operations and credit management
- Applicants MUST be willing to relocate and work in Imo State.
18th November, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.