The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Position: Junior Customer Care Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
- Provide general information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the clients.
- Greet visitors and provide a positive image of IOM and hospitality for clients, and visitors.
- Identify and provide assistance to clients requiring prioritization
- Answer clients’ questions and provide information regarding health assessment process.
- Direct clients to the right department, staff, or helpful resources such as bulletins, brochures etc. Follow up with customers as needed to ensure any problems are resolved
- Maintains constant vigilance to ensure the safety of clients, staff, and IOM property. Report unusual activity or suspicions of safety issues to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist in maintaining a visitor’s log and ensure they are provided with security access to the building and offices if required.
- Gathering, organizing, and archiving paper and electronic files and documents. Secures and protects the privacy of such documents and files.
- Receives, directs, and tracks all incoming/outgoing correspondence (courier packages, etc.) adhering to established procedures in the mission.
- Monitor the process flow to ensure order and manage crowding in waiting areas by redistributing clients to other stations when necessary
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree with at least one year experience or High School Degree / Certificate with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in MS office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Outlook.
- Prior work experience with humanitarian organizations, non-government, hospitality, or service-oriented industry in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage; and,
- Experience in administrative, or customer service support will be considered.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Discreet, details and client-oriented, patient with willingness to learn new things.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Multitasking and Prioritizing
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
23rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the Jo Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.