About the job
Job Title: Customer Success Manager
Location: Austin, TX—Possibility to work from home mdf commerce Inc.
is an international team of approximately 650 experts who develop a broad set of SaaS solutions to optimize and accelerate commercial interactions of its B2B and B2G customers.Working in the eprocurement sector, we are seeking a highly driven Customer Success Manager to join our energetic team at Periscope to play a key role in driving revenue growth within our Marketplace Programs.The Customer Success Manager is responsible for building relationships and trust with suppliers that are contract holders with Periscope’s State and local agencies. Utilizing the Marketplace Program, the person will fully understand, support, and leverage a supplier’s lifecycle.The Customer Success Manager’s duties include but are not limited to building relationships with suppliers, overseeing execution of contract amendments, working closely with the Catalog Implementation Team to ensure supplier catalogs are created within marketplaces, and most importantly creating success for suppliers within the Marketplace Program.Hundreds of public entities and suppliers participate in the collaborative Marketplace program, a full online procure-to-pay service. Periscope provides the technology platform being rolled out to state agencies and local governments, bringing financial and administrative savings to them and their suppliers.Reporting to the Supplier Relationship Manager, this Customer Success Manager plays a critical role in the success of our fast-growing Marketplace Program, helping to drive strong supplier relationships, customer success, and managed services goals.
What will your main responsibilities look like?
- Relationship Building: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers, as well as establish new connections, building a robust network to drive business growth.
- Pipeline Management: Efficiently manage and prioritize opportunities in the pipeline, keeping accurate records and updates in the CRM (HubSpot) system to track progress.
- Development and Training: Educate statewide contract holders of Periscope’s Marketplace program.
- Sales Strategy and Planning: Engage with statewide contract holders to understand their unique contract needs and challenges. Collaborate with the suppliers’ state contract teams and management to develop comprehensive sales strategies for the supplier, identify potential customers, and create actionable plans to achieve their sales targets.
- Portfolio Analysis: Stay abreast of state portfolio contracts, competitors, and market comparison to present a competitive edge.
- Customer Support Collaboration: Work closely with our marketing and catalog implementation teams to ensure seamless handoff and successful deployment of solutions, providing a positive customer experience.
- Customer Presentations: Conduct compelling ongoing presentations to demonstrate and showcase the benefits of joining and being a part of state marketplace programs.
- Achieving Marketplace Program Targets: Consistently meet and exceed assigned quotas for marketplace program amendments, supplier onboardings, and quarterly/annual business review meetings.
- Representation at Tradeshows and Conferences: Regional travel may be required for this role (up to 15%) by road and/or air. Create professional and personal connections with suppliers by attending tradeshows and conferences while conducting yourself professionally.
What elements of your professional background will be necessary and useful in this role?
- Your bachelor’s degree or an equivalent.
- Your 3–5 years experience in sales/account management experience with major accounts in the IT industry, preferably in digital/omnichannel commerce or in complex software solutions.
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Your experience with Public Sector (including government and education) sales and/or statewide contract management.
- Your demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Passion for customer success and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results.
- Your problem-solving skills and ability to present efficient solutions, clearly and concisely.
- Your experience in onboarding and training customers.
- Your self-starter spirit with your ability to create new programs and processes.
- Your business growth and results-focused mindset.
- Your determination, optimism, and “we can do this” attitude in working through challenges.
- You are highly organized, with exceptional planning and time management skills.
- A flexible work schedule (40 hours/week);
- Work from home, no minimum number of days in the office is imposed;
- Work equipment provided while working from home;
- Competitive benefits, 401K, and compensation programs;
- Flexible paid vacation, personal, and sick days off;
- Closed office during the holidays—Paid vacations between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Thank you for your interest in mdf commerce. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.mdf commerce subscribes to a program of equity and equality in employment.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.