Website Defiant Inc
Job Tittle: Customer Support Engineer
Wordfence is owned and operated by Defiant Inc. We are a small, dynamic, fast-growing, profitable and 100% founder owned company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 4 million websites. We regularly release high-quality software, firewall rules, and threat intelligence to millions of customers around the world. We also publish ground-breaking security research weekly that is covered by journalists and information security professionals and publications around the world.
If you are excited about working for a technology company that is securing a huge part of the Web and are looking for a full-time job with flexible hours working remotely, this may be your dream job! Our core hours are Monday – Friday 10 am to 1 pm Pacific time (depending on scheduled shift) and our team has flexibility outside those hours.
We’re seeking Customer Support Engineers to work any of these schedules:
- Tuesday – Saturday, 4am – 1pm Pacific Time (UTC-7)
- Wednesday – Sunday, 4am – 1pm Pacific Time (UTC-7)
- Thursday – Monday, 4am – 1pm Pacific Time (UTC-7)
- Friday – Tuesday, 4am – 1pm Pacific Time (UTC-7)
- Saturday – Wednesday, 4am – 1pm Pacific Time (UTC-7)
Full time salary of $50,000 to $80,000 USD, depending on experience.
We are currently hiring Customer Support Engineers to:
- Provide hands-on support for Wordfence Care and Wordfence Response customers throughout the pre-service and post-service stages, which includes installing and optimizing the Wordfence plugin on the site.
- Provide Premium and free support to our customers through email and forum posts. We do not offer phone support.
- Patiently work through the resolution of support emails and questions. This involves flexibility in both customer care and incident management.
- Provide timely, accurate, and courteous support to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain an excellent technical understanding of Wordfence and other Defiant products.
- Identify support trends by gathering and sharing information with coworkers.
- Proactively and reactively create and curate support documentation.
- Appropriately escalate complex situations.
- Sympathize with our customers and promote our company value of providing excellent customer support.
As a Customer Support Engineer at Defiant you will be required to be:
- Willing to grab whatever task is required of you and run with it. This may include work outside of your core tasks. We are a small team and everyone needs to pitch in.
- Highly productive and able to function well independently.
- Comfortable working remotely and interfacing with other team members using Slack and other remote tools.
- An excellent communicator in written and verbal English.
- An outstanding teammate: self-directed and able to collaborate easily, knowing when to ask for help and how to give and receive feedback.
- Nimble, able to come up with creative solutions, and mature in your approach to solving challenging problems.
- Enthusiastic and able to see opportunity when problems arise.
- Empathetic and patient: some of our customers have experienced hacked sites. You should be able to comfort customers and de-escalate stressful situations.
You’ll work with a talented and highly-motivated team that is friendly, fast-moving, self-managing, and highly capable with a sense of humor. Our team’s family time is important; we won’t typically require long hours when we can avoid it, which is almost always.
Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere in the world if you have an Internet connection. There’s no micro-management here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can grab a task, communicate clearly with stakeholders, and see the task to completion with superb attention to detail.
We use apps like Slack, FogBugz, GitHub, and Google Apps for our workflow.
The Required Skills for this role are:
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- A good understanding of WordPress as a CMS and PHP application.
- General knowledge of Internet protocols, web tools, programming languages and security infrastructures.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking. Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and guide customers through the same. Ability to search information and evaluate it independently, or present hypotheses to coworkers for input.
- On screen multitasking. You will be working in several different interfaces at once and must be able to effectively answer customers and communicate with coworkers over the course of the day.
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
- Please fill in the form provided in this application. The hiring team will look at this first. The way you answer our form will determine if your application moves to the next step. Please note that we read every answer and this form is a critical part of our hiring process.
- Candidates who appear to have the right skills from the initial application will be sent a more detailed Assessment Test to further assess skills.
- Participate in a series of phone interviews. We are respectful of your time, and keep the number of interviews you will need to attend to a minimum. This is usually two or three interviews.
- All contracts and offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract or employment with the company.
- Join our fast-paced team and start testing our products and and helping release software to over 4 million customers! All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- 11 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition and Student Loan reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.