Customer Support Manager, Commsor
Commsor helps companies and teams build better and stronger communities. Our business encompasses our community operating system software (Commsor), our beloved community program (The Community Club), and now C School, our growing umbrella of educational offerings for community managers. We’re a small and fully distributed team, currently spanning California to Poland, and we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote-first organization.
We offer market-rate salaries, a home office stipend, unlimited vacation (mandatory 3 weeks per year), health insurance, as many books as you could ever hope to read, and a tight-knit group of people passionate about creating for the future of community.
As the first Customer Support Manager at Commsor, you’ll be one of the founding members of the Support team and will help Commsor build the framework, systems, and processes for how we provide high-quality support to our customers.
As our customer community grows, we’re looking for someone with a passion for both community and customer support to join our team. As a founding member of the Support team, you’ll get the chance to build the structure and processes for how we support our customers from the ground up. Because you will be building this function from scratch, this role will have elements of operations, project management, and relationship building.
What you’ll do at Commsor
– Understand and resolve customer support issues while identifying the root cause to improve the overall customer experience (and eventually lead a team of internal employees who will do the same)
– Enhance customer satisfaction by working with teams across the company to continuously improve processes for case management, escalations, and communication
– Monitor ticket flows and support quality across channels to improve efficiency and member interactions
– Work closely with the engineering team and other business partners to ensure that we are helping to troubleshoot customer issues and work with teams to resolve them
– Work with our support tech stack – including HelpDocs and our automated chatbot – to better manage support requests and understand trends behind the requests
– Create a ‘customer experience feedback loop’, leveraging customer feedback and other data points to better understand key customer journeys and the customer experience along those journeys
– Create support articles and video walkthroughs of the product to enable customers to learn about product capabilities
– Continuously advocate for the customer and help to co-create an insights-driven customer-centric culture at Commsor
Here’s what we’re looking for
The ideal candidate for this role will use data to help inform their decisions and escalate customer feedback, while also understanding ways to uncover customer behavior and action drivers to other teams within Commsor.
✨ Highly organized with an attention to detail
Because this is a role that blends operational and people-facing tasks, the most successful candidates need to have an above-average ability to shift between workflows seamlessly. They’ll be strategic about what to prioritize and what to ignore. The best candidate is highly organized and proactive with a strong attention to detail and ability to lead projects in a fast paced environment.
💬 Clear communicator with experience in cross-collaboration
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to distill complex issues into digestible summaries with clear direction on actions to be taken. In addition, being able to understand the role of customer support in gathering feedback on the customer experience and retaining users will be critical to this person’s success in the role.
While the ideal candidate isn’t expected to be a technical content expert, they should have some experience in writing or maintaining a Knowledge Base.
🖼️ Big picture, growth-oriented
As an early hire in a growing company, the best-fit candidates will have an interest in taking a holistic view of the Community Success team to help our customers grow and aren’t afraid to take on tasks outside of the scope of the role.
This is a unique role that’s all about supporting a critical function at Commsor—we’re more interested in hiring candidates who can express how the skills they’ve learned transfer to this role than hiring for any particular job title in your history. We are open to various levels of experience and are willing to train the right person. That said, you’ll stand out if you have a background in:
– 3+ years experience in a customer-facing support function
– An understanding of the concepts of user segmentation, personas, customer journeys, and lifetime value
– Strong knowledge and experience with voice-of-the-customer tools
– Prior experience managing direct reports and support teams
– Prior experience in community (as a community manager or an active participant)
– Prior experience in building peer-to-peer support programs
– Comfortable working remotely
*We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.*
To apply for this job, click here --> bit.ly.