Website The Very Group
About the job
We are The Very Group and we’re here to help families get more out of life. We know that our customers work hard for their families and have a lot to balance in their busy lives. That’s why we combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options on Very.co.uk to help them say yes to the things they love. We’re just as passionate about helping our people get more out of life too; building careers with real growth, a sense of purpose, belonging and wellbeing.
About The Team
Our team own the day-to-day Customs process for all shipments to and from the Republic of Ireland, ensuring full compliance with customs & duty requirements. Contributing to execution of long-term strategic plans within the logistics function.
About The Role
- Manage the import and export process for shipments to and from the Republic of Ireland, including customs declarations
- Support with any HMRC / Irish Revenue audit requests
- Stay up to date with changes and developments within global trade
- Maintain the customs classification process ensuring products are correctly classified
- Connect our Global Supply Chain with strong relationships
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes
- Please note this role requires weekend work, typically one weekend in every five weeks. When working the additional cover shifts you are given back days In lieu the following week
- Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave
- Previous experience In a similar role Is Ideal but not essential
- Team player
- Fast learner
- Highly organised with ability to manage own workload
- Analytical and numerate, with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- Able to take the initiative
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.