Job Title: Data Analyst
We’re looking for a data analyst with strong technical and analytical skills to join our data team. In this role, you will partner with business stakeholders to develop new data products and insights that drive the business forward.
You will report to Fleetio’s Director of Data and Analytics and be part of a team of analysts and engineers working on the modern data stack. You will be responsible for supporting one specific business domain to begin with while partnering with internal stakeholders to build out reports, metrics, and other operational/analytical data products. This is an unique opportunity to join a data-first company and help shape the next phase of Fleetio’s growth.
Fleetio (pronounced “flee-tee-oh”) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have been recognized as Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work five years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and have over 5000 paying customers in 70+ countries. It’s an exciting time at Fleetio as we’re growing 50+% year on year and have just closed our Series C round led by our incredible investment partner, Elephant. We’re building the fleet management platform of the future – the single screen for fleet managers to drive their businesses forward.
More about our product and company:
- Fleetio product overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Our careers page: https://www.fleetio.com/careers
- Check us out on Glassdoor (i.e., people love working here): https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Fleetio-Reviews-E1745407.htm
What you’ll be doing
- Enable and scale self-serve analytics for all Fleetio team members. You’ll architect clean data sets by modeling data and metrics via tools like dbt to empower employees to make data-driven decisions with accurate information.
- Collaborate with other Fleetians around the company to understand data needs and ensure required data is collected, modeled, and available to team members.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to help them make data informed decisions by creating operational data products, delivering analytics and insights.
- Lead development of dashboards and reports for specific business functions such as marketing, sales, finance, product, customer success and engineering. You’ll also use your own work to coach/advise Fleetians around the company on how to create their own dashboards and reports to further self-service analytics.
- Contribute to governance and enforce standards around our data infrastructure. Document best practices and coach/advise other data analysts, product managers, engineers, etc. on data modeling, SQL query optimization & reusability, etc.
- Work with the data team to ensure that each company metric has a single source of truth and that data validation is incorporated on a consistent basis.
- Contribute to the core code base of our data platform and help the team improve and optimize the usage of our data assets.
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
What’s in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
- 2+ years experience working in an analytics or data engineering role
- Expert-level SQL skills with experience transforming raw data into clean models, optimizing code, and troubleshooting & improving others’ code
- Strong understanding of ELT, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts (e.g. Star Schema)
- Experience with dbt and dbt Cloud
- Experience with Snowflake, databricks, or BigQuery
- Experience with version control tools such as Github or Gitlab
- Experience with ELT tools such as Airbyte or Fivetran
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Sisense/Periscope, Metabase)
- Experience collaborating with multiple business functions and stakeholders to develop metrics and key insights
- Experience with orchestration tooling such as dagster or prefect
- Understanding of schemas for popular third-party SaaS applications (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, Snowplow, Segment)
- Excellent communication and project management skills with a customer service-focused mindset
Considered a plus
- Proficiency with Python (preferred)
- Experience with advanced analytics and forecasting (preferred)
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO – 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.