Space in Africa
About the job
Space in Africa is looking to hire an analyst to expand the team’s coverage of the African space industry. In this role, the successful candidates will help drive an understanding of key market trends, policies and programs in the African space industry. Analysts at Space in Africa engage with industry leaders, conduct market analysis, and contribute to industry reports and analysis.
Introduction:Space in Africa is a startup in the space and satellite industry and an authority on news, business and market analytics, and events in the African space industry. We have an opportunity for individuals who want to drive their career in Data Analytics.
Objectives: You will handle all internal work affairs and work closely with other team members to meet agreed targets and goals.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for the following duties-
- Data gathering and industry analysis on the African Space and Satellite Industry.
- Data interpretation and visualisation.
- Database maintenance and dashboard development.
- Perform qualitative analysis of segments of the industry.
- Evaluate business opportunities in the industry
- Carry out market research and feasibility studies
- Lead projects, publications and industry reports.
- Support studies focusing on both government and commercial segments of the African Space and Satellite Industry.
- Write analytical articles
- Participate in international and local space industry events and webinars.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with industry leaders, clients and policymakers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Relevant experience supporting research and development or related activities
- Expertise in using Excel, Python, Power BI/Tableau and SQL.
- Relevant experience performing exploratory data analysis, data wrangling and preprocessing, data visualisation and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge of the space and satellite industry is a plus.
- African Citizenship (Required).
Note: The job description provided above is a general guideline for the position of Data Analyst in the space industry in Africa. Specific job requirements and responsibilities may vary depending on need.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.