Data Assurance Engineer, Fintech
We are seeking for enthusiastic professionals, with energy, who are results driven and have can-do attitude, who want to be part of a team of likeminded individuals who are delivering solutions in an innovative and exciting environment.
As member of the Data Assurance team in Optasia, you will work closely with the Data Architect to perform automated sanity checks in large scale volumes of pre-processed and post-processed data and test various algorithms used in the Credit Risk Assessment procedure for nano and micro-finance.
Working closely with other creative minds, the Data Assurance Engineer will be able to demonstrate his/her expertise on data assurance, statistical models and machine learning as well as his/her high level of analytical and creative skills. He/she will have the opportunity to further develop knowledge and expertise on data assurance, AI, machine learning, predictive and risk analytics.
What you will do
- Automation of data assurance and data validation processes.
- Perform sanity checks in large scale volumes of pre-processed and post-processed data.
- Research analyze and document data elements that are missing and/or reported as inaccurate by our clients. Determine course of action for resolution using independent thought and judgment
- Perform data pre-processing.
- Automate testing procedures of Risk Models and various algorithms used in Credit Risk Assessment.
- Document and track production problems, processes, procedures, and changes within the data amendment
What you will bring
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Hands-on experience at least in two of the following (with descending significance): Data assurance, Automation of QA processes, Software testing, Credit risk models, Risk Analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail. Ability to judge the relevance of existing models and algorithms to specific business needs.
- Passion for learning, exploring, and testing machine learning models and AI algorithms.
- Ability to succinctly report status and results.
- Familiar with Linux.
- Experience with tools such Microsoft Excel.
- Communicates effectively in English in written and verbal form
- Self-motivated, self-directed, resourceful and in possession of a high level of personal initiative
- Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure and strict attention to detail.
Will be considered a plus
- Hands-on experience of big data processing and analytics.
- Hands-on experience of data bases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Creative skills.
- Programming skills.
- Hands-on experience of Java, MATLAB, Python or R.
- Hands-on experience of Tableau or any other Data Visualization Tool.
- Hands-on Experience of Automation Tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience in working with secure code development guidelines and coding practices (i.e. OWASP, NIST)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.