Data Partnership Lead – West Africa
We’re living at the dawn of a borderless world, but most people still don’t have the tools needed to engage in critical high-trust services including everything from access to financial services, to sharing assets in peer-to-peer marketplaces, and even managing talent. At MetaMap, our work is centered on addressing this gap by building an identity data protocol that surfaces merits in the form of legal, financial, and work data. We’re energized by the unlimited potential that comes from this collective coordination, the removal of barriers to access, and the future we’re building towards — one that is interconnected and equitable. If you believe in our mission to help unlock borderless growth too, come join the MetaMap team!
About the Role
We seek an experienced product partnership manager to join our Data Access & Intelligence team at Metamap. The Data Access Lead for West Africa (Anglophone) will directly be involved in our expansion and growth efforts on the African continent and contribute to strengthening the intellectual property of Metamap.
The Data Access Lead acts as a data hunter for relevant sources in new and existing markets to support our expansion and growth efforts on the continent for our compliance, financial, and work products. The lead is responsible for identifying and negotiating these partnerships and overseeing the integration of the data sources in collaboration with our product team.
- Identify and understand relevant data sources that will strengthen and unlock our solutions in West African Markets (market research, use cases, competition analysis, etc.)
- Manage the entire partnership process and relationship for crucial stakeholders (Government & Private sector) in the region, from sourcing to negotiation and implementation
- Build a network of data sources and partners across Africa
- Ensure that the quality, compliance, and permitted use around the data source are met
Skills & Experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in business development and product partnerships
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales/vendor contracts.
- Experience in working for or with tech companies and on the ground experience in West Africa
- Strong understanding of product
MetaMap is building tools that power a borderless world where everyone has equal access to opportunity based on their merits. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we live by these same values, celebrate diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We are also committed to a fair and inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.