This is a fantastic opportunity for Data Solution Architects to take our customers through their transformation journey. Exciting times for TSS as we help drive growth and deliver positive outcomes for our clients.
This is a Data Solutions role with a focus on Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS), Dynamics 365, Power Platform, OutSystems, Mendix (Low Code / No Code) and Automation that will require engaging directly with customers in support of the clarification or shaping of needs; solution and data architecture, definition of requirements and priorities, identification of solution choices and development of solutions.
The position is within our Software Design team and will be responsible for designing end to end solutions, data solutions and providing governance for the overall design in conjunction with delivery partners.
The role of a Data Solution Architect requires a wide range of technical knowledge to help drive the technology strategy for the customer and is not just skilled in a specific area of information technology
What you’ll be doing
- Working on large programmes as the subject matter expert on all data related matters
- Working with clients to identify data requirements to satisfy business processes, integration and reporting needs
- Working with solution architects to understand and help shape the technology components underpinning the solution
- Designing and documenting conceptual and logical data models to deliver the requirements
- Designing, documenting and implementing data governance processes and controls for managing data
- Designing, documenting and implementing data quality approaches for the solution and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Working with data and development teams to implement and govern the data model through the systems development lifecycle
- Supporting data migration teams in developing and implementing the approach for data migration, including data mapping, data migration platform design, data migration testing and execution
- Development of other data related artifacts as required
What we’re looking for
- Proven Solution & Data Architecture experience
- Must have strong commercial awareness, and an understanding of how businesses work financially
- Possesses a broad knowledge of solution areas such as transformation and migration, security, business analysis, applications, integration and infrastructure, service management, including trends in the current marketplace and understands how these interact to arrive at a solution.
- Expert in using architectural principles and frameworks.
- Expert in Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions
- Expert in Data Solutions
- Expert in Microsoft Power Platform
- Good cloud technology exposure with Azure and / or AWS
- Experience of designing & implementing solutions as part of multi-stream change programmes.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Azure Power Apps, container-orchestration, Cloud, databases and programming languages is advantageous.
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a newly formed global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s businesses and clients. We work collaboratively with Capita’s divisions to shape the right digital technology solutions to help clients work differently, engage differently, sell differently and to be resilient to whatever next comes their way. We create innovative technology and software solutions for Capita’s clients and businesses while ensuring secure, resilient and predictable service delivery. Technology and Software Solutions brings together 5000+ colleagues from across Capita into a single function to deliver world-class technology and software solutions for Capita’s businesses and clients.
What’s in it for you?
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Home based role
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
To apply for this job please visit capita.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.