Website Eden Life Inc
Demi Chef De Partie
About the job
Eden’s Food Production Team is looking to hire professional Demi Chef De Parties (Production Associates) who can delight our customers with excellent food preparation, according to Eden’s recipes and specifications.
At Eden, we are on a mission to delight our customers with healthy, delicious food, that’s always on time. To get there, we need people who are driven, committed, and willing to get the job done, exceptionally well. If this sounds like you, come join us.
As a Production Associate, you are responsible for daily food preparation (prep & cook) according to the set standard and qualities. Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Support the Production Coordinator (Chef de Partie) or Assistant Production Managers (Sous Chef) in the daily food production (cooking).
- Produce meals according to the recipe/menu specifications enforced by the Production Coordinator, and defined by the Production Manager (Head Chef) and Assistant Production Managers
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to standard hygiene practices and rules defined
- Prepare the daily mis en place (as required) and food production in different stations, or for general food production
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes, and preparation techniques, in the food industry, and as used in the Eden Food Production Facility
- Instruct and lead Junior Production team members through their daily requirements in food preparation
- Receive deliveries and verify that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality (as required)
- Assist in taking inventory of supplies and notify inventory unit of low or depleted supplies as required.
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage, and cost control
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Production Managers, Production Managers, and Food Production Lead.
- Level 1 Food Safety Certificates
- At least 6 months – 1-year experience in the food industry as Commis or higher
- A culinary school diploma or certificate is a plus!
- Professional kitchen apprenticeship or training course a plus
- Effective communication: ability to communicate well in spoken and written English
- Team supervision: ability to effectively supervise junior food production team members, and general operations
- Team player qualities; You are a very positive, dynamic, creative, and dedicated team player
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Customer-focused in approach
- Drive for results
Work Schedule and Remuneration
- You will be required to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week, and a maximum of 5 (which can fall on Saturday or Sunday) as rotated.
- You can be scheduled to work either in the Day or Night Shift.
- Payment is flexible and is made at the end of week or month (depending on when you want). A payment of 7,000 naira is made for each shift.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.