We are hiring a Design Assistant to join our team at TIFÉ. TIFÉ is a premium womenswear label founded in 2017. Our design philosophy is centred on creating designs that are distinct, timeless, feminine, elegant, striking yet understated to be cherished for seasons to come as a reliable wardrobe staple with a commitment to unyielding polish and an all-around reliable shopping experience.
- Research the objectives and constraints of the design brief as directed by the head designer
- Undertake product research and investigating all requirements of function and environment
- Assist with design concepts for clothing and textiles
- Prepare clear and detailed diagrams and sketches, as well as samples, to illustrate design concepts
- Negotiate design needs with customers and manufacturing staff
- Recommend appropriate materials and production methods for garments
- Detail and document the selected design for manufacture
- Collect and deliver samples and liaising with fashion editors
- Quality Control during and after production
- Communicate concepts and ideas to the senior designer, using sketches, fabrics, and trims.
- Develop a new product range and forecast trends for the following season
- Assist the Creative Director in the creative process for seasonal designs, look books and campaigns
- Provide administrative support for the production department, as required by the Creative Director
- Interface between the Production Team and the Operations Team to ensure production and fulfilment of client requests & projects
- Support the Creative Director in client design meetings and creative briefs
- Drawing up production schedules to meet targets and deadline
- Work with strict timelines and meet production targets (especially under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any discipline| Associate degree| Certification program from a design or fashion college.
- Familiar with administrative responsibilities
- Must be willing to work flexible/late hours when necessary, including Saturdays, according to Company’s needs.
- Significant amount of creativity and strong artistic sense
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Pattern drafting and draping skills.
- Tailoring and garment construction skills.
- Extensive knowledge of design, fabric selection, machine operation.
- Ability to work in a highly fast-paced environment and multitask
- 2- 4 years of work experience in womenswear RTW and bespoke garment production management.
- Must have completed the NYSC program
- Must be based in Lagos and available to work full time
- Proficiency in Design software (Canva, adobe photoshop etc)
- Proficiency In MS Office Tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Monday – Friday 10am – 7pm
Saturdays 10 – 1pm
N200,000 – N250,000
To apply for this job please click on -> docs.google.com.