Website Phillips Consulting
Our client who is one of the leading organisation in the formwork and scaffolding industry is looking to recruit a Design Engineer who will be responsible for Independent implementation & planning of projects.
- Assist the Team Leader in maintaining the operational performance of the Technical Office and, where necessary
- Develop an understanding of company’s products and Technical design strategy
- Provide technical advice on all company products to customers and company Sales Engineers
- Produce accurate and cost-effective drawings, schedules and quotations whilst maintaining an efficient and effective use of time and other resources.
- Preparation of offer presentations and, if necessary, independent presentation to the customer
- Independent solution finding and quotation elaboration, quotation calculation and technical quotation description based on it.
- Independent static pre-dimensioning.
- Check and develop further schemes produced by other technical team members to ensure safety, accuracy, and cost effectiveness for all parties!
- Ensure consistent and efficient working practices, evaluating compliance with engineering processes and procedures and supporting the development & maintenance of engineering tools to increase productivity.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineers, Sales Team and Managing Director to help support strategic growth of the subsidiary.
- Available to travels occasionally for trainings and site support.
Framework conditions / Interfaces / Internal / customers /Suppliers
- Sales and Business Development Team
- Market Unit, Business Units and other Global Subsidiaries
- Market Makers/Influencer
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree minimum in a construction related subject – i.e. Civil Engineering
- PC literate with good knowledge of MS office including excel
- In depth knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience within a formwork designer role previously desirable
- Experience of applying relevant engineering Standards applicable to formwork and scaffolding desirable
- Understanding of the technical requirements in the Construction industry in Nigeria
- In depth knowledge of Design Analysis Programs
- Objective-orientated, ability to work independently
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong work ethic, open and reliable
To apply for this job please visit jobs.workable.com.