Website Current Mobile
Our team, platform and user base has grown significantly in the last 18 months. Our team has almost tripled in size and our user base has grown by over 1300%. We are struggling to meet our commitment to building a quality earning experience for our users amidst our skyrocketing growth.
We’re looking for passionate DevOps Engineers to help grow and fine tune our architecture, infrastructure and monitoring. We’re also looking for someone to help us expand our capabilities in automating, and developing tooling to support our developers as we grow our team.
- constantly reviewing and updating our infrastructure to ensure we are scalable and handling end user demand
- collaborate with SWEs to troubleshoot production alerts and both addressing in the short term and preventing in the long term
- constantly updating alert thresholds to help identify problems and reduce noise
- leading and coaching the team on how to better monitor solutions, to ensure we have a full understanding of how features/systems are performing
- creating dashboards to show overall platform health improving our instrumentation and monitoring
- working with the rest of the Engineering team to make sure our code is optimized for our platform
- automate and create a troubleshooting guide to handle all known issues
- Ruby on Rails for our main application.
- NodeJS for some smaller services.
- AWS for our infrastructure.
- Postgres (RDS) and DynamoDB for our persistent data stores.
- Redis (Elasticache) for our in-memory cache.
- Sidekiq and SQS for our asynchronous queues.
- CodeDeploy and CodeShip for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Kotlin (60%) and Java (40%) for our Android apps.
- CloudWatch, New Relic, AirBrake, and PagerDuty to monitor and support our platform.
We’d Love To Talk With You If…
- our company and problem space excite you!
- you have 3+ years of experience building robust, scalable and secure products, including hands-on experience managing multiple environments on AWS
- you have experience efficiently growing large-scale systems that store and process lots of data for millions of users
- you’re experienced at troubleshooting and improving scalability and overall performance of existing infrastructure
- you’re passionate about IaC (Infrastructure as Code), CI/CD and automation
- you enjoy building out real-time monitoring, and dashboards to give visibility into overall system health for both the SWE teams and the company
- you’re a candid and empathetic communicator.
- you’re excited to join a growth-stage startup, and to help level-up the company. Expect some chaos!
- you’re confident working independently on large problems, but know when and how to include others.
- you have some experience with technical leadership (a plus, but not required).
- you are confident in your abilities to work remotely and with a diverse team.
We want to spend enough time for you to get to know us and vice versa. The interview process is normally a short phone screen, a 1-hour technical and culture fit interview, a 2-hour technical interview, and 2-3 shorter culture fit interviews. For the larger technical interview, we will send you a product brief 24 hours beforehand to review and prepare an implementation plan. During the interview, we will review your plan together and ask you to implement a part of it in a shared coding editor.
We All Share The Same Core Values
- Lead with Purpose – Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’– The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor – Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents – We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration – We won’t thrive without recognizing others’ strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We Believe In The Following Workplace Norms
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers.
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us – Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current Mobile.
- Agree to Disagree & Commit -Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team.
- Assume Positive Intent – Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do.
What We Are Offering
- ***We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere that can overlap with US CST / EST hours***
- Participation in the company’s equity & token plan.
- We pay out individual bonuses every two months in accordance with our bi-monthly OKRs.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution.
- Work with highly curated high-caliber people.
- Celebrate employee personal milestones.
- Remote team-building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies.
- Bonus.ly – we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment.
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes.
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” – no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!
To apply for this job please click on -> current.us.