You will help design, maintain and evolve the cloud infrastructure at Sure. You are a hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented, and forward looking. You will build policies, standards, and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you’d learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you’ll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
Our infrastructure lives in AWS and maintained with Terraform. We are 100% containerized with docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CircleCI pipelines. We utilize DataDog for application monitoring and alerting.
DevOps Engineer at Sure
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and maintain our public cloud environments using Terraform.
- Constantly improve our pipelines for fast and seamless deployments.
- Setup monitoring, alerting, and dashboards for critical systems in DataDog.
- Implement tools to improve developer experience and automate operations.
- Work with engineers to provide subject matter expertise and contribute to all aspects of architecture, networking, and databases.
- Contribute your insights across teams to help us improve existing systems for scale, security and extensibility.
- Write and manage least privilege IAM policies for applications and users.
- Help plan and execute an infrastructure roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across teams.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in an SRE or DevOps role in a financial or technology startup.
- 3+ Experience with AWS IAM, networking, database and compute services.
- 2+ years experience Linux, shell, and bash scripting.
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Have a risk-averse mindset with it comes to production data, access and security.
- Have an experimental mindset with it comes to improving our infrastructure.
- A passion for finding an elegant solution for complex problems.
- When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
Sure offers employees benefits including: unlimited PTO, a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance plans covered at 80%, 401k plan, equity, employee assistance program, generous parental leave, home office stipend, an annual company retreat, and so much more!
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is remote first and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.lever.co.
DevOps Engineer at Sure