Website United Republic HQ
Digital Content Editor
We are a world class creative digital company with interest in content platforms. We build timeless brands through cultural and business impact. We play a leading role in marketing & culture across our diverse business units; United Digital, United Pictures, United Music, United Talent & United X. Attracting and retaining high-caliber people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: ₦750,000 – ₦1,000,000 per annum
Are you looking for a new Editorial role that gives you the chance to use your creativity and expertise to deliver engaging online content? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to work with forward-thinking Content and Creative startup? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for! We are looking for a Content Editor to research, write, proofread and publish online content.
Reporting directly into the CEO, the Content Editor will be responsible for producing and publishing content (long-form & short-form) to the brand’s online platforms; blog, social media & newsletter. A highly experienced editor with a meticulous eye for detail, this expert wordsmith acts as a guardian for the brand tone of voice, writing & editing daily content, while getting adequate strategic support from the CEO.
Editing will be second nature to this individual – an ability to sift through all levels of content and perfecting it to tight deadlines. A stickler for detail, a quick-thinker, problem-solver and a perfectionist, the Editor will be confident in presenting ideas and concepts to stakeholders, while maintaining an efficient and effective content creation, publishing and management schedule.
- Write blog posts based on approved topics & content themes.
- Research, write, proofread, re-structure, edit & publish articles
- Update our website and social media pages with new content
- Craft and send our monthly newsletters
- Interview industry professionals and use online sources to research topics
- Optimize published pieces using SEO guidelines
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure timely publication
- Generate new ideas around industry-related topics
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement
- Video content creation and editing skill is an added advantage
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in English, Mass Communication, Journalism or a writing-related field.
- Years of experience researching, writing, editing & publishing.
- Proven track record of maintaining and developing a website or publication’s identity through tone of voice and excellent standards of content.
- Experience in an editing role within editorial, copywriting or journalism.
- Proven track record of driving projects from concept to completion—applying best practices with the ability to prioritise, creatively problem-solve and make timely decisions.
- Solid knowledge of the personal finance sphere and experience within a fast-paced digital environment.
- Superior attention to detail, with a keen and meticulous eye.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle several workflows.
- An expert in grammar, punctuation and a general wordsmith.
- Ability to think strategically, while staying on top of execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaborating and team building practices.
- Demonstrate relentlessly high standards, fostering passion, integrity and energy.
- Ability to analyse and deliver reports within a content management system. Analysis of time-to-site and business priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and efficiently, and to collaborate and influence.
United Republic is committed to being a fully inclusive company which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.