Website Afropolitan Group
Digital Marketing Lead
Afropolitan Group (Afropolitan) is a Community As A Service Company (CAAS) headquartered in San Francisco, California. Afropolitan was founded because of the lack of opportunities, resources and unique experiences available for members of the African Diaspora community. This is why we’ve zeroed in on curating a seamless experience in Travel, Events, and Media. Through these experiences, we are building the future of a progressive community, which is global and decentralized. So who is the Afropolitan? The Afropolitan is the creative, professional, multicultural and socially-conscious individual.
This role will oversee the Digital Marketing team. The Digital Marketing team is responsible for providing strategic solutions and execution based on the latest consumer trends, modern methodologies, and performance metrics. This role is ideal for someone with paid Social Media Analysis, Content Creation, and Reporting experience. An expertise in Social Media Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok is a must. Additional experience required includes performance marketing and media analytics.
This role will be a contractual full-time role for 3 months, with possible extension for full-time employment based on performance.
- Help to manage the Social Media strategy and best practices across lines of business, serving as a strategic partner in the execution of plans that help deliver on business objectives
- Manage and review work produced by Digital marketing team
- Develop best in class social media recommendations that align with the company expectations, platform best practices, and business objectives
- Ongoing assistance with influencer marketing utilization to increase efficacy of leveraging influencer partnerships
- Facilitate the integration of data and media into measurement and reporting, craft action plans focused on getting results, monitor the progress of campaigns and establish accurate benchmarking and critical metrics then present data and reporting to key business stakeholders
- Plan marketing campaigns for large scale virtual and in person events
- Work cross-functionally with team leads to help position Afropolitan as an industry leader in the travel, event, and media spaces
- Create an ongoing benchmarking reports to continually improve upon campaign learnings and to manage social campaigns more effectively
- Evolve current reporting to understand audience behaviors, geographic performance, platform, and device performance
- Research information about Afropolitan’s customers and competitors to project future growth and identify possible opportunities for penetration
- Weigh in on partnership efforts, externally facing decks, and other brand positioning
Qualifications/Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise)
- Knowledge in key areas of marketing (SEO, social media, content marketing, email marketing, PPC and SEM)
- Google AdWords Verified, Google Analytics Certified, Facebook Blueprint Certified
- FB Business Manager and Sprout Social proficient
- Digital marketing know-how (Paid search, display, marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing campaigns, push notifications, SMS, retargeting, personalization)
- Native or Fluent English language is a MUST.
- Minimum 4-year experience in digital marketing.
- Startup experience is a plus.
To apply for this job please click on -> www.linkedin.com.