Digital Security Associate
- Galana Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
iHub is an Innovation Centre dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya) and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported to a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
The Digital Security Associate will primarily be responsible for building and managing our digital security community in East Africa. He or she will also lead on digital security projects in the region, in addition to providing technical support on efforts like vulnerability management and incident response for clients and partners.
What you will do:
- Build and manage relationships with security communities and stakeholders in Kenya and East Africa, including security professionals, schools and students, SMEs, civil societies and funders.
- Develop and execute programmes, projects and events to address digital security needs and challenges in the region.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and audits for clients as needed.
- Track compliance trends and provide prioritized list of findings to clients as needed.
- Support on incident handling operations for clients and partners.
- Manage and secure networks and IT infrastructure on premise.
- Minimum of University degree in computer science or related field, or any combination of relevant equivalent experience, education and training.
- 3+ years experience working with different digital security communities and stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of technical security such as TCP/IP, Nessus, Maltego, Wireshark, etc.
- Strong knowledge of incident response and crisis management with the ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding security policy and standards violations, security controls failure and incident response situations.
- Resolves problems independently and/or through a support team.
- Organization Awareness & Concern for Impact.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
To apply for this job please click on -> jobs.smartrecruiters.com.