Website Current Mobile
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product to help us scale from 70 to 100 people in the second half of 2021. This role will report to our CTO, and will have the following responsibility:
- Manage a group of Product Managers and designers. You’ll provide world-class management support and coaching to ensure we’re working on the highest impact problems, supercharge their personal development, and spread learnings across the team.
- Refine and execute the product strategy. You’ll work closely with the CEO, CTO, and your Product Managers to refine a winning strategy that delights users and enhances our margins. You’ll be able to clearly articulate the strategies to the whole company, align the pods around them, and work with the Product Managers to maintain a 3-6 month roadmap.
- Partner with other senior leaders. The company will look to you as the face of the product team. You’ll forge close relationships with our Engineering & Marketing leadership, CTO, and CEO to improve our operations, define OKRs, and filter initiatives to keep the product teams focused.
- Standardize our processes. You’ll assess and understand the processes, product metrics, and culture of the product team. You’ll standardize & document our approach to building products, allowing us to easily grow the team.
- Hire and retain world-class product people. You’ll understand the current gaps on the team, and be responsible for working with our CTO to create hiring plans to continue growing a world-class product team.
- Promote a data-driven, growth-oriented culture. You understand the core tenets of growing a consumer product. You’ll foster a culture that prioritizes experimentation and optimization, and will use data to define and test creative strategies to increase engagement.
We’d Love To Talk To You If…
- our mission and company excite you!
- you’re excited to join a growth-stage startup, and help level-up the company.
- you have experience leading 5+ Product Managers.
- you’re passionate about helping your team identify and achieve their career goals.
- you have a track record of launching world-class, high-impact B2C products.
- you have an established process for developing margin-enhancing product strategies that are aligned to the company objectives, and can be evaluated with data.
- and you have experience aligning multiple product teams around those strategies.
- you have experience developing, maintaining, and communicating 6-month product roadmaps to stakeholders at all levels.
- you have a track record of attracting, hiring, and retaining extraordinary product managers and designers.
And, please mention in your application if…
- you have experience working in ad tech.
- you have experience in a growth role.
The interview process consists of a 30-minute phone screen with our CTO, a 1-hour product skills interview, a 1-hour engineering management interview, and a virtual onsite day with a mix of Engineers, Product Managers, and Senior Leadership interviews.
We All Share The Same Core Values
- Lead with Purpose – Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’– The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor – Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents – We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration – We won’t thrive without recognizing others’ strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We Believe In The Following Workplace Norms
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers.
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us – Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current Mobile.
- Agree to Disagree & Commit -Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team.
- Assume Positive Intent – Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do.
What We Are Offering
- ***We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere that can overlap with US CST / EST hours***
- Participation in the company’s equity & token plan.
- We pay out individual bonuses every two months in accordance with our bi-monthly OKRs.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution.
- Work with highly curated high-caliber people.
- Celebrate employee personal milestones.
- Remote team-building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies.
- Bonus.ly – we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment.
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes.
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” – no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!
To apply for this job please click on -> current.us.