WokeNation TV is an independent media and content publishing company that aims to promote African historical, cultural, exploration and travel content, with the goal of inspiring a new way of thinking and acting, building the Africa of tomorrow for a new generation, and creating a rich archive of recorded African ancient and modern history.
We thrive to build societal change through active community engagements and youth empowerment programs to foster passionate participation in government, politics, and nation building.
We explore and expose alternative narratives on popular beliefs with thought-provoking views on world history, politics, government, and current affairs.We are looking to hire a magazine editor with outstanding writing, editing and creative skills. Magazine editors are expected to possess fantastic planning, organizational and staff management skills with the ability to work comfortably under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, content editors should demonstrate a superb command of English with a keen interest in shaping a publication to distinguish the content to its target audience. Top candidates will display a great understanding of target audiences, and exhibit remarkable negotiation and decision-making skills.
· Generate story ideas for writing staff.
- Manage writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Approve content, appearance and layout of featured articles.
- Oversee photography, design and artwork to be used in the publication.
- Meet with writers and artists to discuss features, layouts and artwork.
- Comply with media law and industry regulations.
- Send regular briefs to writers that include deadlines, writing style and fees.
- Network actively at industry events.
- Commission articles from writing staff and freelance content producers.
- Proofread, edit and rewrite articles to meet publication standards.
- Attend photo shoots.
- Actively raise the profile of the publication.
- Assist all staff to meet deadlines.
- Pre-existing know-how within the company industry.
- Resourceful and industry lead generation. (Be up to date with top trends).
- Competence with SEO practices.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Candidates should forward their CV’s, cover letters and copies of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com