Exciting opportunities ahead for experienced Employee Relations Advisors to join our Employee Relations (ER) Hub on a permanent basis.
ER Advisors are home based and may require ad-hoc travel to team meetings and attendance to ER meetings infrequently.
The ER Hub was established to provide consistent advice and expertise with regards to all employee relations cases, in addition to advising the organisation on a number of wider People related activities that span the employee lifecycle and providing expertise relating to employment legislation.
Reporting to the ER Manager you will provide comprehensive specialist HR advice & guidance to managers and colleagues on a wide variety of operational employment related issues, ensuring that the service standards and operational performance targets are met.
Interested? Please review below and apply
What you will be doing:
- Providing consistent specialist HR advice and guidance to managers and employees in line with Capita People Policy and Process across the full breadth of ER including;
- Absence management, wellbeing and OH referrals
- AWOL, Performance, Disciplinary and Grievance
- Flexible Working
- Managing all occupational health referrals, tracking spend and working with the business on implementing any reasonable workplace adjustments
- Facilitating a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work
- Raising awareness of the importance of undertaking maternity, DSE, stress and other risk assessments. Supporting the business in managing mental health issues and creating a healthy work environment
- Ensuring accurate and timely recording and management of ER cases on the case management system
- Acting as the initial point of escalation from the ER Assistants
What we’re looking for:
- ER Advisory experience, a good working knowledge of theory, legislation, and best practice, with an understanding of HR systems
- CIPD qualified desirable but not essential
- Shared service centre experience preferable
- Experience or working in a unionised environment preferable
- Excellent written and telephone communication skills
- Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail
- Team player
About our People Function
Our People Function is one of Capita’s central corporate functions and is maximising our people’s potential. We’re defining the People strategy to help motivate and engage our workforce throughout the employee lifecycle. We’re supporting our Divisions and Functions with everything from resource planning and recruitment to development and reward, engagement and employee relations. Join us and discover better as you strengthen Capita’s workforce for the future.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary – up to £32,000pa
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Home-based/remote working
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
To apply for this job please visit capita.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.